GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,971 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
15 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

1812: The Invasion of Canada» Forums » Rules

Subject: Laura Secord rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Deb Wentworth
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Im pretty sure I understand this correctly, but would like to double-check with folks who better know what they're doing.

Does "British homeland objective area" refer to a British objective (I.e., a starred city in the U.S.) or an objective area on the British side (I.e., a starred city in Canada)?

Unfortunately, this is the only card that does not have additional expanded verbiage in the rulebook.

TIA!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Rooks
Japan
Kobe
Hyogo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The card refers to a starred city in Canada.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deb Wentworth
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. That was my interpretation as well. But I played against someone last night who used it to place troops in American territory - a mustering area, nonetheless!

I let it go because I began to doubt myself about the interpretation. In the long run, it didn't matter - we Yanks won anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good for you. Hard to beat anyone with that level of verbal gymnastics. Does he/she play with a "if the rules don't say I can't, then I can" mindset too?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deb Wentworth
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Na, he's a good guy - it was an honest misinterpretation. I mentioned it to him today, and he remarked that he thought the way he played it seemed overpowered as an action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffan O'Sullivan
United States
Plymouth
NH
flag msg tools
"All history is made up. Good history is made up by good historians; bad history is made up by the others." -David Macaulay
badge
When I retired, I decided to explore the Seven Deadly Sins. Perhaps I shouldn't have started with Sloth. It's been four years and that's as far as I've gotten.
mbmbmbmbmb
From the delightful Hark a Vagrant website, by Canadian historian/cartoonist Kate Beaton. See http://www.harkavagrant.com/index.php?id=257 for her comments about Laura.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deb Wentworth
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool! Thanks to the game, and the documentary I watched for background, I now know who she is. She made chocolates, right?

Actually, public radio had some interesting stuff on this week about the war. As part of that, they played a Gordon Lightfoot-esque ballade about her. Not too surprisingly, I've never heard it here in the U.S.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.