GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,929 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
15 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

We Must Tell the Emperor» Forums » Rules

Subject: #53 B-29 Fire Bomb Raids rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dampenon Fabien
France
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
Rookies talk about strategy, Grognards about Logistics
mbmbmbmbmb
When I have to choose an Allied Army to advance, if I choose one to advance in a fortress (Home or other) may the roll against the fortress may happen to cancel this advance ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carey
United States
West Coast
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes - that's one of the decision-trees in the game. It's a normal Front advance.

If the Fort fails to hold, then you risk losing the Fort (or the game if Home Islands) to the chosen advancing Allied Front. This reflects Japan putting up a fight (and losing that fight).

However, if the Fort holds then the Empire gets a bit of a breather. This abstracts Allied probing attacks and organizationl/logistical constraints.

Risk versus Reward - it's the player's call depending on the current map situation, Resources, how close you are to ending the game, and of course the card's DRM's and available Actions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dampenon Fabien
France
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
Rookies talk about strategy, Grognards about Logistics
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for your (as always) fast and accurate support.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carey
United States
West Coast
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Dampenon wrote:
Thank you for your (as always) fast and accurate support.

You're very welcome, and it's my pleasure - I should be the one thanking you for taking such a strong interest in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John DeWolfe
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A different question on the same card...

Where the card states "Reshuffle into Draw Pile if four or more cards remain", does this include or exclude the just flipped Fire Bomb Raids card? I just had a situation where this card came up as my fourth last (so, three cards left in the draw pile when it appeared), and I interpreted it to not be reshuffled in this case. I wanted to check whether I was right to do so, as I won that game by the skin of my teeth (last card was The Road to Mandalay, China's army slipped past the Home Islands fortification even though the Brits didn't, the banzai attack failed and I was out of oil, so I had only one roll to retreat the Chinese, and I just hit the number dead on!). So depending on whether I was right not to reshuffle Fire Bomb Raids into the draw pile, I am either a glorious winner or a damned dirty cheater, and I'd like to know which!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kennedy
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
lupinejohn wrote:
A different question on the same card...
Where the card states "Reshuffle into Draw Pile if four or more cards remain", does this include or exclude the just flipped Fire Bomb Raids card? I just had a situation where this card came up as my fourth last (so, three cards left in the draw pile when it appeared), and I interpreted it to not be reshuffled in this case. I wanted to check whether I was right to do so, as I won that game by the skin of my teeth (last card was The Road to Mandalay, China's army slipped past the Home Islands fortification even though the Brits didn't, the banzai attack failed and I was out of oil, so I had only one roll to retreat the Chinese, and I just hit the number dead on!). So depending on whether I was right not to reshuffle Fire Bomb Raids into the draw pile, I am either a glorious winner or a damned dirty cheater, and I'd like to know which!

I've always interpreted the "four or more cards" to mean four or more cards in the draw pile. I do not count the just revealed #53 event card. In my mind, you won fair and square.

I'll be interested to see what Steve rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carey
United States
West Coast
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
David has it correct (thnx) - the four or more refers to the cards remaining in the Draw Pile (you are resolving the current card).

Congratulations on your victory, John - sounds like a very tense session!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.