GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,871 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
15 Days Left

Support:

Michael Hyland

Waterville
Maine
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to form a group that meets a couple times a month in Waterville/ Winslow Maine. Let me know if you might be interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Gwazdosky
United States
Clinton
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I live in Clinton and I have a few other friends in the area who might be interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hyland

Waterville
Maine
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's not too far from where I live. My wife and I would love to meet up over a game or two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Gwazdosky
United States
Clinton
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like fun.

Are you available this Friday evening? Our weekend is pretty full this week.

You're welcome to come over to our house. Send me a private message for the address.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mci 1983
United States
Pittsfield
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be interested. I live in Pittsfield, but would be willing to come to Waterville to play. Let me know what you end up doing.

Thanx,
Eric

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Gwazdosky
United States
Clinton
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's talk day/time and location.

My availability

Friday nights:
Available from 6PM - midnight.

Saturdays:
On the 2nd & 4th Saturday of the month I attend the Bangor Area Gamers Guild (BAGG) meeting from 10-2. My wife and I are normally available for the rest of the afternoon/evening after that. On the 1st & 3rd Saturday of the month I'm busy all day with my RPG group.

Sundays:
Occasional availability between 10AM and 5PM.

Someone's house is OK for small gatherings, but a public location would work best.

There's a game store called Spellbound in Waterville that is a possibility. They cater pretty heavily to the Magic crowd, so we may get ousted if they're hosting a tournament. They also tend to have a pretty rowdy bunch of young kids running around and screaming (literally), at least on the occasions that I've been there.

BAGG uses the Bangor library function room except during the summer. We can check with the Waterville library, though I don't know if they have a function room or not.

There is, undoubtedly, more to discuss, but this is a good starting point.

Have a good weekend!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hyland

Waterville
Maine
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
demiurge wrote:
Let's talk day/time and location.

My availability

Friday nights:
Available from 6PM - midnight.

Saturdays:
On the 2nd & 4th Saturday of the month I attend the Bangor Area Gamers Guild (BAGG) meeting from 10-2. My wife and I are normally available for the rest of the afternoon/evening after that. On the 1st & 3rd Saturday of the month I'm busy all day with my RPG group.

Sundays:
Occasional availability between 10AM and 5PM.

Someone's house is OK for small gatherings, but a public location would work best.

There's a game store called Spellbound in Waterville that is a possibility. They cater pretty heavily to the Magic crowd, so we may get ousted if they're hosting a tournament. They also tend to have a pretty rowdy bunch of young kids running around and screaming (literally), at least on the occasions that I've been there.

BAGG uses the Bangor library function room except during the summer. We can check with the Waterville library, though I don't know if they have a function room or not.

There is, undoubtedly, more to discuss, but this is a good starting point.

Have a good weekend!

Had a great time last night Terry, thanks for the invite. I'm itching to try innovation again.

Looks like Friday evening is best for now. Given the evening time the only public place that I know right now would be that Spellbound shop. The Winslow library has a space and is open to 8 pm Fridays but I don't know the availability of that space. I believe they ask a fee of $10 per hour to rent it, but since a board game group fulfills their mission statement there might be some flexibility there. I'd have to look into that. There may be other unknown options.

For now since the group is small, I'd say let's start at houses and keep an eye out for other options if the group grows.

I'll offer up my space for July 6th from 6pm to whenever if you want to give it a shot next week Terry or we could try the Friday the 13th. My wife is busy those Fridays so it's just me right now.

What is your schedule like Eric?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mci 1983
United States
Pittsfield
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I work Mon-Thur nights (some Fridays), but I'm commonly completely free Fri-Sun, so I'm flexible. My son plays in Magic Tourneys at Spellbound and he suggested that they might be a good location, too. I may not be completely "up" on whatever games you all play, but I played D&D as a teen in the 70s and have begun to get back into board gaming again, so I will be an eager and fast learner. Let me know what all of you want to do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Gwazdosky
United States
Clinton
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know several gamers in the area that do not use BGG, so I created a Facebook group called "Waterville Area Gamers Guild". Facebook has worked very well for the Bangor Area Gamers Guild (BAGG) as it has allowed them to attract more casual gamers.

I'll create a BGG guild as soon as I can. It costs 10 Geek Gold to create one and I'm still saving for an avatar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hyland

Waterville
Maine
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You are doing the leg work to get this organized Terry so I don't mind fronting the geek gold to set up a guild. Thanks for setting up a facebook page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Gwazdosky
United States
Clinton
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Irving has proposed meeting next Friday at the Game On Cafe in Augusta (http://gameoncafe.org/). It's free to play games there.

What do you guys think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mci 1983
United States
Pittsfield
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have no problem going there. Let me know where and when.

Eric

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Gwazdosky
United States
Clinton
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Game On Cafe http://gameoncafe.org/
49 Water St in Augusta

I'll be there around 6:00-6:15.

I got some new games in the mail (Power Grid, king of Tokyo,Innovation expansion) and will bring them along.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mci 1983
United States
Pittsfield
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds great. I'll be there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
IJ Gil.
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
Terry is at a con this time around. Mike - would you be willing to host? Friday? 6pm?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hyland

Waterville
Maine
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Absolutely. Everyone can come at 6. If you need the address again just send me a pm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mci 1983
United States
Pittsfield
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I might be a little late tonight. My wife just told me that she doesn't have to work until 6:30, so I will have to give her a ride to work first, but I will be there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mci 1983
United States
Pittsfield
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OOPS! Cancel the previous post. My wife said she found another way to work, so I will be there at 6:00

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.