GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,912 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Sky Traders» Forums » Rules

Subject: Query: Combat and Crew rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Julian Cullop
Oman
flag msg tools
This worry is based purely on reading the rules and will probably become much clearer when I have the game and various cards in my hand.

What happens to crew cards after a round of combat takes place if you have selected that card for its combat modifier?

It seems to me

a) You get to keep the card unless the hold it occupies is damaged.

b) There are some cards (eg gunner) which are discarded after use.

Is this correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pol Michiels
Belgium
Ottenburg
Vlaams brabant
flag msg tools
badge
Of all people who have nothing to say, those who say nothing are the wisest.
mbmbmbmbmb
That's how I read it too. Basically, there's no downside to selecting your best, unless the card specifically states it is discarded after use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Cullop
Oman
flag msg tools
Thanks. I don't think the rules are misleading but the combat example is rather 'busy' with all the possible things that can happen and I wasn't sure I was interpreting it correctly. Anyway, if we are right on this, then the trick-if you are feeling piratical- is not to build up a large crew but to trade-in weak combat crew for better fighters when you can afford it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
https://www.twitch.tv/gamerhudson
badge
https://www.instagram.com/gamer.hudson/
mbmbmbmbmb
Some cards are "discard when used" yes

Also certain crew members can only go in certain hull spots so you will have to plan accordingly.

There are plenty of times also to dump crew or fire them. If you fire them you get half the money back but that can only be done with a trade action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.