Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Schloesser
United States
Jefferson City
TN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While waiting for Bill Sanders to arrive, Jon Comeaux, Willerd Fann and I launched into Top It. I first played Top It at Gulf Games 2 back in late 1998 and immediately purchased a copy. Strangely, this is a game I shouldn't like as it is more of a puzzle than a game and has little player interaction. Still, for some reason I can't explain, I find the game challenging and entertaining.

The pivotal move in the game came when I was faced with a decision on whether to place my stone or wait. If I waited, I was sure John would claim the spot and I may well not have another opportunity to choose a better location. So, I placed the stone, earning 25 points in the process and leaping into the lead.

Jon, however, held off placing his stone and was able to completely surround my large '6' hex tile with tiles. He placed his stone upon this tile on his very last move and captured the victory:

Jon 117, Greg 114, Willerd 97

Ratings: Willerd 6, Greg 6, Jon "I hate German games" Comeaux 3

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.