GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,241 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

World War II: Barbarossa 1941» Forums » General

Subject: Is this the board game version of Panzer Corps... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Brown
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had been a fan of the old game Panzer General, and been playing Matrix games Panzer Corps recently and cannot but help but say this has to be the best thing to a board game version. (Yes, I do have the card based board game called Panzer General, but does not compare.) I'm sure we could modify the rules from the PC version to get it even closer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I too have Panzer general and Panzer Corps for PC, as well as both the Panzer General boardgames, Memoir '44, Tide of iron and recently Operation Barbarossa 1941 plus the Danube expansion and nearly all the unit expansions as well.

It is certainly the closest of them to the PC game, mainly because of the variety of units, but differs significantly in that it has simultaneous orders rather than IGOUGO.

Just need an opponent now
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Brown
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Phil I hear ya, I am right with with you - is it possible we are long lost brothers. lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rolf Van Ishem
United States
San Tan Valley
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess I am lucky to have a son and a few friends that I can con into playing this awesome game. I am really enjoying the mechanics as well. Looking forward to the upcoming western front edition, Blitzkrieg 1940.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rimmer
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick question out of curiosity..is this a good candidate for a PC\Ipad conversion with AI?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.