GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,522 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
14 Posts

Stone Age» Forums » Rules

Subject: STONE AGE (game) resources are supposed to be limited! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pedro Pereira
Portugal
Pico de Regalados
Vila Verde
flag msg tools
It was expected of me that I gave up my thoughts. At one point their thoughts invaded my mind and I could feel how it reflcted on my behaviour towards others. I didn't agree with myself anymore, so I started hating everybody else.
badge
I didn't know where I was... it was dark, it was cold. I could hear a very faint breathing though, so I started seeking my way through the darkness with just my hands. I would feel sticky things on the walls and I didn't dare touching the ground.
mbmbmbmbmb
This suggestion is meant to indicate that you can at times occupy more spaces than you actually require, so that the opponent may not access those resources and thus must use more expensive if he/she doesn't want to loose that card.

I haven't got the game with me, but I'm pretty sure it says somewhere in the rules that resources are not limited and that you may use other tokens to complement the missing ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure (95% ) that they are unlimited and in the rules somewhere... you misunderstand what it means by "blocking"... not blocking by buying them all up... but bocking by not leaving them any room to put any workers since there is a limited number of workers that can be deployed each round to each of the resource mines
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Bart
United States
Winnetka
California
flag msg tools
designer
Baseball been bery bery good to me
badge
This is a picture of a published game designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That refers to the player being unable to place workers on wood. You cover all seven spots on wood, or with three players being second player on wood.

Edit: Missed it by that much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Brendel
United States
Dunwoody
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 6, on the collection of resources:

"The resources are not limited. If a resource is exhausted, use a substitute material (e.g. matches for wood)."

The passage you're quoting is merely suggesting that you can send enough workers to the forest that there won't be room there for another player.

EDIT: In fourth, but I was the one who stopped to fetch the rulebook. I'm claiming victory, guys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
d b
United States
De Forest
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
The road is full of flat squirrels, who couldn't make up their mind.
badge
I taught my dog to play Mage Knight... good dog.
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 6 (5 of pdf) look by the gold picture/example. "The resources are not limited. If a resource is exhausted, use a substitute material (e.g. matches for wood).

edit: dang. honey badgered. ninja

edit2: I pulled the PDF and would have been quicker if it let me cut and paste. I think I still lose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ps: quick scan of this rules sub-forum finds at least one other thread on this that does confirm unlimited

Do the resources run out?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ɹǝsɐɹɟ
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
Has the OP deleted their post? shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Karlsen wrote:
Has the OP deleted their post? shake

not only that but they also just created a brand new thread... me thinks they don't know how to use the forum system very well
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
katie ludlum
United States
san jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oops! Sorry for being ignorant - first timer at this forum.

Thanks for all of your corrections! Can't believe that I missed part of page 6 in the rules.

The person who taught me the game said that we may not use substitutes for resources like I was planning to, so I've been playing the game all this time using limited resources.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ɹǝsɐɹɟ
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome (to posting) to BoardGameGeek.

As you will have noticed you can delete your original post, but it does not delete any of the answers which can make reading them slightly confusing meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You can't handle the truth?
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Karlsen wrote:

As you will have noticed you can delete your original post, but it does not delete any of the answers which can make reading them slightly confusing meeple

People just need to quote the post they responded to. The OP is new, but what was everyone else's reason? They are forum experts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Pereira
Portugal
Pico de Regalados
Vila Verde
flag msg tools
It was expected of me that I gave up my thoughts. At one point their thoughts invaded my mind and I could feel how it reflcted on my behaviour towards others. I didn't agree with myself anymore, so I started hating everybody else.
badge
I didn't know where I was... it was dark, it was cold. I could hear a very faint breathing though, so I started seeking my way through the darkness with just my hands. I would feel sticky things on the walls and I didn't dare touching the ground.
mbmbmbmbmb
crambaza wrote:
Karlsen wrote:

People just need to quote the post they responded to. The OP is new, but what was everyone else's reason? They are forum experts.

Oh shut up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sheldon Morris
Canada
Fergus
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
crambaza wrote:

Actually, thanks to the OP using a descriptive thread title, any future readers will know what the responses are addressing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.