GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,505 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Earth Reborn» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about interruption rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Arthur Howe
United States
El Sobrante
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all,

So a situation came up last night while playing scenario 2 that I couldn't find the answer for in the rulebook, nor on these boards.

I dueled for, and won interruption as my son moved Jessica Hollister into James Woo's los. I played a tile that had both red move and cc orders. My question is this: He had zombie 1 beating the holy hell out of Vasquez and with my order tile I could have moved Woo to intervene, but I wasn't sure if the interruption could only be used against the triggering character. Can an interruption be used to perform orders that affect non-triggering enemy characters such as the zombie in my example? Thanks!

Best,

Art
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt R
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
All life is only a set of pictures in the brain, among which there is no difference betwixt those born of real things and those born of inward dreamings, and no cause to value the one above the other.
mbmbmbmbmb
artybaby wrote:
Hello all,

So a situation came up last night while playing scenario 2 that I couldn't find the answer for in the rulebook, nor on these boards.

I dueled for, and won interruption as my son moved Jessica Hollister into James Woo's los. I played a tile that had both red move and cc orders. My question is this: He had zombie 1 beating the holy hell out of Vasquez and with my order tile I could have moved Woo to intervene, but I wasn't sure if the interruption could only be used against the triggering character. Can an interruption be used to perform orders that affect non-triggering enemy characters such as the zombie in my example? Thanks!

Best,

Art

The rules just state the conditions for being allowed to duel with a character. Should that character win the duel, there are no rules about who they may/may not interact with. So I would say Woo won the duel and -- using a red or gold order -- could intervene on Vazquez' behalf and leave Jessica alone. Furthermore, Woo could have done nothing b/c the duel was a mistake or a bluff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Lauke
Germany
Görlitz
Sachsen
flag msg tools
badge
Sponsored by AR147
mb
The only things you have to observe is ...

- you have to win the duel
- you only can use the Charakter, which fulfil one condition for the interupt (activate / walk into LoS, adjacent to you)
- you can only use 2 red or gold orders from order markers, which are assigned to the Charakter you use

To cut a long story short ... you don't have to attack or interact with a specific charakter ... you can do what you want
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Howe
United States
El Sobrante
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you both for the quick replies. I suspected as much, but without a clear example in the rules I wanted to know if others were thinking along the same lines I was.

Best,

Art

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.