Popular Tags: [View All]
MadLad Designs
United Kingdom
UK
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First of all a big thanks to Rocco Privetera (Rocconteur) for creating the original Wrath of Ashardalon FAQ, it definitely helped me with some of the rules! I've tried to create an update for myself (and my kids) but though I'd share it with you and see what you guys think. I would be grateful if you could point out anything that is wrong or not explained correctly.

Thanks.

= Wrath of Ashardalon FAQ =

I've also created an FAQ for Legend of Drizzt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Howard
United States
Marina del Rey
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice work! Thanks for compiling this. thumbsup

(minor typo under Volcanic Vapors: "Roll as usually at the end of the hero phase..." usually -> usual)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MadLad Designs
United Kingdom
UK
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No problem, I'll change that typo and upload it again when I've added more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lorien4 lorien4
Greece
Asprovalta
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MadLad Designs
United Kingdom
UK
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've updated it slightly, reworded some things, corrected some mistakes, added a few more FAQ and added more explanations for some things that were already there. It's always worth looking through the FAQ fully as I may reword things better and shuffle things around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MadLad Designs
United Kingdom
UK
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All be adding the FAQ from the back of the rule book as well as other stuff so keep an eye out. goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MadLad Designs
United Kingdom
UK
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Updated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K Scally
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just reading slowly through your excellent FAQ. I just wondered about the Flying Carpet section.

I may have got this wrong but my reading of the Carpet would be that the four squares under the carpet are treated as one when the Hero steps on or off. So in the image below either Hero stepping off the carpet could step onto any one of the 12 adjacent (pale blue) squares on any one of four tiles. Obviously the Carpet must be on a single tile.

If that interpretation is valid the FAQ text might be:
'When moving off the Flying Carpet you can place the Hero on any square adjacent to the Carpet'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MadLad Designs
United Kingdom
UK
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've also started an FAQ for Legend of Drizzt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MadLad Designs
United Kingdom
UK
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I just wondered about the Flying Carpet section.

Changed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Paivinen
United States
San Jose Area
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You might want to add this Q&A from the Castle Ravenloft and Legend of Drizzt rulebooks. It seems to be missing from the WofA rulebook due to space limitations. It's a question that has come up in several threads, particularly when discussing how to use Caltrops and Blade Barriers.

Q: Sometimes a Monster’s card says to move it adjacent to the
closest Hero. What do I do if that Monster is already adjacent to
a Hero?

A: You can simply leave the Monster where it is, or you can move it to
any other unoccupied square adjacent to that Hero.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Chambers
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got a few questions:

Wizard's Eye: I assume it sticks around the rest of the game after I summon it, correct? Also, can I use both my movements to move it two tiles in a single hero phase?

Legion Devils: What do I do if one player places all 3, then a different player draws a second card, then all 3 devils get killed. Do both cards go into the XP pool?

Flaming Sphere: like Wizard's eye, can I use both my movements to move the sphere two tiles in a single hero phase?

Treasure Hoard Chamber Card: What do we do if all the treasure tiles don't add up to the required 2000 gold? I'm assuming we just have to collect them all then escape rather than an insta-fail. Is that correct?

Corrupted Guardians Chamber Card: I played this one assuming that the "Kill all the Monsters in the Chamber" refers to the minis placed there, not the cards owned by the players placing the minis. The reason being that if I placed an Orc Smasher, say, but there also happened to be another Orc Smasher half way across the dungeon owned by another player, depending on when the Orc Smasher placed in the Chamber was killed in the player turn order, the card from the other player that placed the Orc Smasher half way across the dungeon could be the one put in the XP pile. Seems a bit daft to have to chase a monster never placed in the Chamber to begin with halfway across the dungeon just because the cards didn't work out right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MadLad Designs
United Kingdom
UK
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Link now works again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu Pelletier
Canada
flag msg tools
Hi

I just discovered that board and quickly found out your FAQ. Jt is awesome!

But any news about the pit trap? The FAQ is still empty about this one!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.