GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,895 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Dungeon Command» Forums » General

Subject: Ease of customization? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Simon Gingras
Canada
Sorel-Tracy
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi.

I was telling my boys about the upcoming game, and one of them asked me if we'd be able to use our other D&D miniatures, to which I was kinda stumped.

I've only glanced at the rulebook so far, waiting for the game itself to come out, but from what I've gathered some (most?) of the cards seem to be linked to specific miniatures that are included in the sets.

What do you guys think? Will it be easy for us to expand the game with fan-content?

Regards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Pitts
United States
Aloha
OR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With the number of fan made cards for the D&D Adventure games, I would be surprised if there wasn't a flood of custom units.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rulebook says that you can have up to 4 copies of a single creature when customizing warbands so the first thing I would do is to make proxy creature cards for the minis that are also available from the D&D adventure games.

So for example, Heart of Cormyr could have an extra ranger, rogue and cleric while Sting of Lolth could have 4 blademasters, 2 priestess, 2 wizards and more spiders. I would remove an equal total of creature levels.

After that, the priority should be to have creature cards for the other monsters/heroes from the D&D adventure games so we can have full 2-way compatibility. For the D&D minis, it would be great if the guys at DDM Guild could start making card sets like they have done before.

As for official expansions, Wizards should definitely look at releasing smaller sets of maybe 6 minis for each faction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Gingras
Canada
Sorel-Tracy
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've finally read the rulebook, and I understand the whole thing better now. Basically, say I would want to include a creature corresponding to an Earth Titan mini I have, I would need to:

1) create a Creature Card for it, which would include its level, abilities (Strenght), hit points, keywords, speed, melee and/or ranged attacks, and rules for its specific abilities

2) maybe try to come up with some Order Cards that would reflect and work well with the type of creature it is. Something that is generic enough to be used by other types of creatures. (Example: a ground-shaking rumble which can only be used by large (or bigger) creatures of level 7+ that have the Strenght ability.)

I can already see lots of possibilities where you can play with different combinations of keywords, abilities, and so on.

I'm loving the prospects of this game even more now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Gingras
Canada
Sorel-Tracy
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking over the list of cards for both factions (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/828825/list-of-heart-of-... & http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/828819/sting-of-lolth-ca...), I see that there are very few items (as per the "[...] outfit them with spells and equipment" part of the game description).

I see three:
- [HoC] Healing Potion
- [HoC] Shield
- [SoL] Vial of Poison

I predict this will be a very active area of customization...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.