GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,755 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » BoardGameGeek Related » BGG Help and How-To

Subject: How to insert a game link that's an image rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick Shirley
New Zealand
North Shore City
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know this has probably been asked a million times but I just cannot find anything in the forums or other places.
I know about [ gameid = ] but I want to the same thing but have the main image for the game to appear as well.
I'll add this info to http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Forum_Formatting once I know which I think is the logical for people to find this kind of info.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is my pride and joy...1947 by Duplicon

Code is

[ imageid=1344293 ] (without extra spaces.)

Hint: Use quote option in forum post to see how some other geekster did the formatting, then simply cancel the reply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Shirley
New Zealand
North Shore City
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Shirley
New Zealand
North Shore City
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Still not quite what I'm looking for. That makes an image yes, and links to the image. But what I really want is to have the image but the link to go to the game page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry I misunderstood.

So far as I know there isn't a funky tag to show the representative image for a game but link to the game page itself. Might be a nice improvement.

I know that you could do it on a "regular" html page, but there is the <. bug which scans posts and mysteriously deletes text.

Hmmmmm....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
This is a hack, but you can link an image of your choosing to a game page.

1. Copy an image file URL. (right-click image > copy image URL/location)
2. Link the URL as an "external image".
3. Wrap it in a boardgame link.

herace's pride and joy ?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Super Fantastic! There always seems to be a way if you know the right voodoo.

---
My pride and joy?

What can I say? I have weird tastes.

Remember Paul harvey?!?

And here is the rest of the story...

I got a copy of ebay a long time ago of the Duplicon game, and started searching for information about game and Duplicon. It took a long time to find a second copy with the rules. Turns out Duplicon issued game, then Qubic games (3 versions) and then Parker Brothers.

In the first edition of their 1965 release, PB even used the Qubic game molds. "Qubic Games" is on the boards! Those molds then went to Clipper, who used them in their version of the game. I wonder if Miro again later used these molds in their edition Cubic?!?

For their second 1965 edition (yes two version of famous red box) PB redesign boards and pegs holding them. So they made new molds.

I'm still trying to track down a Qubic Games version that only has "Made in USA" on boxtop. I suspect it may have been branded for American Homecraft by Qubic Games. I have box but no blow in rule sheet. :-(

I'm still trying to figure out if George M. Fox had anything to do with company "Qubic Games.' See Qubic !!

PS - Image you see above actually had a stamp photoedited from boxtop. I even cleaned the boxtop for the photo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Lurking Meeple you have some mad skills!

Patrick you may find some of the guides here useful:

everygames guides
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.