GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,865 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: My wife is addicted to Ticket To Ride... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
rob cavallo
United States
roseland
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, let me start by saying my wife isnt a "gamer" but she has enjoyed Dominion, Ghost Stories, Catan, Theophrastus, and others.

well...maybe she is a gamer, but doesnt want to admit it.

anyways, quite a while ago i DL'd TTR on our iphones when it was free. i told her all about it and thought she would really like it. she never looked at it, or played it.

last weekend we went out to dinner with some friends, and they came back to our house "with a great new game" he heard about online. i chuckled a bit.

we play a game, and everything went well.

so yesterday, the wife asks "didnt you put that train game on my phone?"
i tell her yes, and show here where it is. she winds up playing all day, and even bought the game for her macbook when the battery died in her phone.

she asks if i want to play against her, and i agree only to get my ass kicked. two times in a row! (i won the 3rd game)

now i need to figure out how to parlay this into a game of arkham horror.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wood
United States
Darien
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
She is going to burn herself out too quickly with the electronic version. You better get to work. Try Airlines Europe, then Fury of Drac, then Arkham Horror.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rob cavallo
United States
roseland
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Myoman wrote:
She is going to burn herself out too quickly with the electronic version. You better get to work. Try Airlines Europe, then Fury of Drac, then Arkham Horror.

ive never played Airlines Europe, but im thinking...

Airlines Europe->Elder Sign->Arkham Horror
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
いい竹やぶだ!

South Euclid
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmb
Myoman wrote:

You might also consider Union Pacific, which is much like Airlines Europe but with a train theme.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rob cavallo
United States
roseland
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i dont think its the train theme she's into.

im pretty sure its the gameplay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.