GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,267 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
28 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Summoner Wars» Forums » General

Subject: Post in here if the iOS app will be your first time playing this. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tiger Wiccan
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've always been intrigued by this game, but have never bought or played the physical version, because I don't know anyone that would play this kind of game with me.

But now that the iOS app is DAYS away (maybe even out already by the time you read this), I will finally get to play it. If you are in the same situation and the app will be your first time playing this game, let us know by replying in this topic.

Maybe we can get some "noob" games going and learn this thing together before we get pounded online by the vets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Lucato
Brazil
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Count me in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not out yet, hopefully soon. Tonight or early tomorrow would be nice, I'm riding down to Florida tomorrow afternoon and it would be a great way to help the time go by. Normally it only takes us about 7.5-8 hours but this is the first time we'll be traveling with a 17-month-old so I expect that to shoot up to more like 10 hours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Gingras
Canada
Sorel-Tracy
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It'll be my first foray into this game too, just it was my first time playing Magic last week, with the new app.

A great time to have an iPad!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Tjarks
United States
Crowley
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be a first time player myself, though I've almost bought the master set several times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Danish
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First time as well! It was on my "check this out" list, and iOS seems like a great way to do that before investing in the hard copy ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Conser
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was very close to buying this game when the Master Set came out. But I knew that because the game is primarily a 2P game it would not get played much in my game group. I have been very excited for it ever since the iOS version was announced and I just held off buying the physical version because of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Lane
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've waffled on buying the paper version a few times, but never actually took the plunge. I've heard so much good about it that I'll probably give the iOS app a go at the price point it's likely to launch at.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiger Wiccan
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fastlane wrote:
I've waffled on buying the paper version a few times, but never actually took the plunge. I've heard so much good about it that I'll probably give the iOS app a go at the price point it's likely to launch at.

The price point for the app itself is actually going to be free, and will come with one faction that you can play against the AI. Other factions are IAP, and buying at least one will unlock asynch online play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Etienne
Canada
Deep River
Ontario
flag msg tools
Never played before, but heard some much good stuff about it. I'll stick to the iphone unless the game REALLY impresses me. For example I've got the ios ascension game and wouldn'T consider buying the tabletop version, which would take 1 hour to play rather than 10 minutes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Romero
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
I fall in this category as well. Day 1 purchaser of the iOS app, but not an owner of the physical board game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vern Shurtz
United States
Spencer
North Carolina
flag msg tools
There is a Summoner Wars iOS Roll Call over at Plaid Hats forums for anyone looking for players online. Feel free to check it out and join in.

http://www.plaidhatgames.com/sum_forums/showthread.php?1694-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Wen
United States
Lake Forest
Click to Select (if applicable)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome thread. If one of you first timers want to write a review regarding your experience learning Summoner Wars through the app, message me. We have a spot on our SW blog blagog.com for you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Clarke
England
Dursley
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same as op - probably wouldn't have a physical game opponent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Henninger
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yeah, I am a long-time listener (Plaid Hat Podcast), first-time player.

Been looking forward to this app coming out for a while and can't wait to actually play the game I've heard about for so long on the PH Podcast. I know they've mentioned on their podcast they couldn't imagine anyone listening who hadn't owned or at least played the game, but we people exist. If I get hooked on this game on the iOS platform, I'm sure I'll be buying the Master Set IRL as well.

Well, got to go check the App store again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly B
Finland
Vantaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. However I have watched enough play vids to have convinced myself that my son and I will enjoy the paper version as well. Not to mention my gaming buddies.

Seriously lookin forward to my first play through.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim bo
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Count me in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It will be my first play. game has intrigued me for ages but i've never pulled the trigger.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Flores
Canada
Scarborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
went into a board/card game buying frenzy and this game was in the mix..until I found out it was coming out for iOS. It'll be my first time playing this game too! Keeping busy with Ascension and M13 on the iPad at the moment.
GameCenter ID is jefflovv if anyone fancies a game of either!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Wong
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be giving Summoner Wars a shot for the first time upon iOS release. Been following the game on and off for awhile now but never pulled the trigger because of lack of opponent and opportunity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian P Lewis
United Kingdom
Torquay
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will be first time for me.

Gamecentre name is emoteuk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura BlueFrost
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mb

Am I the only one who is not able to start the game?

The game just refuses to start (the screen fades to black in a split of second then nothing happens).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Etienne
Canada
Deep River
Ontario
flag msg tools
It started fine on my iphone 4, ios 5.1.1, but Ive heard many people having trouble with this release, especially on ipad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Danish
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mmotomb wrote:

The game just refuses to start (the screen fades to black in a split of second then nothing happens).

My iPhone version worked fine. iPad (1st gen) had that problem, though. I killed the app and did a hard re-start and then it worked fine. Not ideal, but better than nothing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura BlueFrost
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mb
jdanish wrote:
mmotomb wrote:

My iPhone version worked fine. iPad (1st gen) had that problem, though. I killed the app and did a hard re-start and then it worked fine. Not ideal, but better than nothing.

How do you kill apps/processes and make a "hard" restart?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.