GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,336 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Small World» Forums » General

Subject: Missing tiles-game still playable? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ecosmith Ecosmith
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got Small World home and the missus asked to help pop out all the bits etc.

At the end, it seems we're missing a Triton and a Skeleton race token (we have 10 tritons and 19 Skeletons). We've searched high and low and can't find them, and she can't remember if each race token card was full before she punched them out.

No matter, if the game's still playable without them.

Everything else is present.

Any advice?

Eco

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
Well the skeletons shouldn't matter cause it's very rare that you need all 20 but the Tritons you really need them all or you need to use a replacement piece.

Do you still have the punched out cardboard that you can check is there's a triton or skeleton on them?

If not then you can always contact Days of Wonder and they'll probably send you a replacement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sometimes tokens prepunch and end up under the insert, I'd look there. This is even more likely if you took the advice of the game and put the chaff under the insert to bring it to the top of the box.

Otherwise, some of the expansions have some 'extra' tiles that you can convert.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
The game is certainly playable with one missing from a race since the total number of tokens are only used with certain abilities.

You can substitute a "lost tribes" token for these armies if they come up and that last token is needed.

I don't believe this will even be a problem with the skeletons since they have spare tokens for their ability.

Edit: Definitely try contacting days of wonder. Most game companies are pretty cool about replacement pieces like tokens and usually only ask you pay for postage and some change.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ecosmith Ecosmith
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheers all. We've already looked under the ibsert, under the box, we've dismantled my gaming table. I think they weren't there to begin with.
I'll try playing without them.

Eco

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
JBMoby wrote:
The game is certainly playable with one missing from a race since the total number of tokens are only used with certain abilities.

"Certain" in this case meaning "half". Ten of the game's twenty Special Powers are "5"s, which means if any of those are paired up with the Tritons you will not have enough Triton race tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Rasmussen
United States
Bend
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ecosmith wrote:
Cheers all. We've already looked under the ibsert, under the box, we've dismantled my gaming table. I think they weren't there to begin with.
I'll try playing without them.

Eco

I'm sure they were there to begin with...your punch boards would be the same as everyone else! whistle Sorry the pieces got lost! It might be worth writing to DoW and see if they can help out, but if you can make do without, that could work too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Coen Velden
Germany
Geldern
Deutschland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd write an email to DoW, they replaced my M'44 set of dice within a week.
(Very quick email-response & very friendly).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.