GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,706 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Mice and Mystics» Forums » General

Subject: Shipping to US rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Shinners
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
I want to pre-order this game. I also want to get a few faction decks for Summoner Wars (3 of them).

However, shipping on the game is $11.75, but $22 for the game and 3 faction packs. That seems like an absurd jump for 3 small boxes. Anyone else having the same issue with shipping?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hoover
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
MattShinners wrote:
I want to pre-order this game. I also want to get a few faction decks for Summoner Wars (3 of them).

However, shipping on the game is $11.75, but $22 for the game and 3 faction packs. That seems like an absurd jump for 3 small boxes. Anyone else having the same issue with shipping?

I haven't looked into it but one possible explanation is that the game by itself might fit into a USPS flat rate box and adding the extra decks forcesit to go into a standard box. Weight wouldn't be a consideration in the flat rate box but becomes a factor in the separate box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Shinners
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
HakFoo wrote:
MattShinners wrote:

I haven't looked into it but one possible explanation is that the game by itself might fit into a USPS flat rate box and adding the extra decks forcesit to go into a standard box. Weight wouldn't be a consideration in the flat rate box but becomes a factor in the separate box.

Thought of that, but the game box (according to BGG) is standard size (11.75x11.75x4). From shipping many boxes of that size in the medium shipper, I'm nearly 100% sure you could get 3 faction packs in.

I sent an e-mail to PHG, and Colby wrote back (almost immediately). I'll post when I hear back from them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Shinners
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Apparently there's something weird going on at USPS's end, because the shipping weights are correct.

Thankfully, shipping for the packs individually is only ~$2.50, so it's not so big of a hit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McMahon
United States
West Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Lookee what he can do! He wants a job!
mbmbmbmbmb
MattShinners wrote:
I sent an e-mail to PHG, and Colby wrote back (almost immediately). I'll post when I hear back from them.
You wrote to them, Colby wrote back almost immediately, but you'll post when you hear back from them? Didn't Colby already almost immediately write back to you?
:confused:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Iagallo
United States
Rochdale
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
He has already answered this question on the Plaid Hat Games forums

quoted from Colby: "I would suggest ordering them separately. Those prices are pulled off of USPS and UPS servers so I can't 'fix' it. Sorry that it is weird, but it seems it is the post office that is weird not us."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.F. Sesma
Argentina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This post on the Play Hat forums could be relevant to your interests, especially Colby's response.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Shinners
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
jimmcmahon wrote:
MattShinners wrote:
You wrote to them, Colby wrote back almost immediately, but you'll post when you hear back from them? Didn't Colby already almost immediately write back to you?
:confused:

He asked a follow-up question to which I responded, and the overall answer was pending the response to that.

Overall, PHG's customer service was excellent! Thanks for everyone who posted the link to the PGH forum - probably should have checked there first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is not a good thread to misread the context of the title.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Off The Shelf Board Game Reviews
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MattShinners wrote:

They wanted to quote me almost $40 for shipping and I LIVE IN the United States. They need to re-evaluate their shipping :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McMahon
United States
West Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Lookee what he can do! He wants a job!
mbmbmbmbmb
Grumsh wrote:
MattShinners wrote:

They wanted to quote me almost $40 for shipping and I LIVE IN the United States. They need to re-evaluate their shipping :-)
I don't know that Alaska counts as living in the United Stated when looking for reasonable shipping rates...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.