GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,755 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Jarvis
United States
Brisbane
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The situation:

I declare an ally as defender against an enemy. The shadow card Old Ford resolves, forcing me to discard the defending ally. Since I have declared a defender, even though he's been discarded, am I considered to be taking this attack undefended? If so, I assign the damage to a hero. Otherwise, no damage is assigned. I'm leaning towards no damage being assigned by a strict reading of the rules - anyone know for certain?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stan Hilinski
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Undefended. Hero takes damage.

When you get to step 4, determine combat damage, your defender is gone already, so it's undefended. The rules even say "If a defending character leaves play or is removed from combat before damage is assigned, the attack is considered undefended."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarvis
United States
Brisbane
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shilinski wrote:
Undefended. Hero takes damage.

When you get to step 4, determine combat damage, your defender is gone already, so it's undefended. The rules even say "If a defending character leaves play or is removed from combat before damage is assigned, the attack is considered undefended."

Thanks, I didn't read closely enough blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Hanson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be cool to have an ally who with an ability that let them absorb damage from undefended attacks, wouldn't it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Deuber
United States
Baldwin
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, or a 0 cost, useless attachment you can put on characters so you have something to discard when the Encounter deck demands it, instead of trashing your Steward of Gondor or Protector of Lorien.

Something like Pointy Wizard Hat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.