GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,578 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Roller Coaster Tycoon» Forums » General

Subject: It Don't fit in the box !! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Big Fat Tony
United States
Fairfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The design team at Hasbro forgot about the thickness of the game board when they specified the box size and wrote in the instructions that the 3D rides only need to be assembled once as they will fit in the box. I ended up hot gluing foam core risers to the sides of the box bottom so that I can leave the 3D rides assembled. I then hot glued a pull ribbon to the box bottom so I can get the board past the risers and out of the box.

I also used hot glue very sparingly to insure that the 3D rides stay attached to their bases. Except for the Gravity Drop ride, this one will not fit in the box so you assemble it for each play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Timothy
Canada
Uxbridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed this the other day and came to the same conclusion that they didn't account for the board thickness. The rules actually say that the two coasters fit and that only the Woah Belly tower needs to be removed.

This game is full of lazy designer/production issues... I played the video game for years (In fact I STILL play it occasionally) The game has so much more than this board game represents.

I've begun re-designing the rules as it's got so much unrealized potential.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Fat Tony
United States
Fairfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bet the first couple of concept outlines were for a much better game and the rules got dumbed down at each monthly development meeting.

I'd like to try your variant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad McCoy
United States
Vilonia
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're right, it doesn't fit in the box - if you're putting the board in first. But it does fit if you put the board in last. I don't know why, but it does - fits perfectly. Give it a try. All you need to disassemble is the Woah Belly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.