GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,840 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Ricky Casdorph
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
Hello,

My name is Ricky Casdorph. I would really love an outlet to express both myself and my work in Zpocalypse, so I thought I might give this a try. I'm always open to critiques and criticisms, that's how I grow as an artist and person in general. I really enjoy this website and the community surrounding it, definitely happy I came across bgg.

Here are some rough sketches and the final design for the Zpocalypse box cover. I sketched out 6 or 7 rough thumbnails, looking for the best composition and value. What I wanted to convey was zombies, mushroom clouds and two surrounded survivors. I'm a huge fan of the pc game Doom, you might notice that while looking at the final image . Color is very important as well, I went with bright warm oranges and reds to try and get this cover to pop. Knowing that this image would be used at conventions and game demos, color and contrast were even more important. I also posted up some really rough ideas I had for the logo. What was clear... I wanted a big red "Z"

I will continue to post here as I finish up new designs and look for feedback. Thank you.

Ricky

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Santiago
Spain
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
of the titles, I like the 3rd one the most.

That zombie looking at us in first person... It's like calling us... I guess is better looking directly to his targets... But is arguable, of course. In general, looks good.

At that size, can't say much more...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Casdorph
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
OneManCrafts: Thank you very much! Having the zombie look back at the viewer was a tough call... but again, I love the Doom cover. The classic mob of bad guys rushing the hero with the one looking back at you!

Zmaster box art and random black and white thumbnails. I really tried to give this cover some color... I'm slightly sick of brown. The five zombies on the front cover represent the 5 zombie's that come in the Zmaster Expansion, which I really do love. Ahh challenge, more on that later. In most of my big paintings I try and literally write down / hide thoughts in different areas... I believe I wrote down 23 thoughts on this particular cover. I also used a more simple version of our logo, I like how clean this version of the logo looks while setting on the pink sky. Also... we like terminator.

I love a good iced coffee on a Monday.

Ricky

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.