GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,551 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Risk Legacy» Forums » Sessions

Subject: A short Session report - in Comic Format (First Game) - No Spoilers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Ferguson
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well two weeks ago my friends and I had our first game. SO in honour of that, I created a brief comic on my Ipad detailing some of the exploits. I didn't cover the entire game because A) couldn't remember it all and B) it would take to long.

Here is what I came up with:

what do you think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave C
United States
flag msg tools
You Greeks are always children!
badge
Jean Gabin in La Grande Illusion
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome. What was Khan's fourth star after DM's HQ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory
mbmbmbmbmb
I love it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Slowiak
United States
New Lenox
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice!

What app did you use to make it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Ferguson
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
August222 wrote:
Awesome. What was Khan's fourth star after DM's HQ?

He had traded in for cards, I wasn't sure how to "represent that" in the comic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Ferguson
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gnipp wrote:
Very nice!

What app did you use to make it?

It's an App simply called "Comic Book" for the Ipad.

It has some limitations, the little explosions and such are called "Stickers" the app cost $1.99 (I believe) and it comes with a base set of "stickers".

You can pay $.99 more for various sets if you want more. I still find the Ipad's camera to be a bit fuzzy when you want close up pictures. I'm thinking that next time I may use my regular camera with a Macro setting, then copy them to my ipad, use the app to arrange them then copy them back to my laptop and even use photoshop to add a few more things. However all that will take significantly more work.

This was nicer to do just on the fly. This project took about 2 hrs from start to finish, and most of it I was just doing off the top of my head, the actual game ended three days prior.

The forces I displayed above were for visual use and not meant to be the actual forces that attacked each other. At some points I needed to add forces to cover up scars that appeared later in battle

On a side note, my minor city "Bramladesh" is an inside joke around here. There is a town north of me called "Brampton" which has a high indian population, so we called the city Bramladesh. It was pretty funny at the time. The other cities were all named after the players names or alias' from other games and such.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.