GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,184 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

CO₂» Forums » General

Subject: Demo at GenCon? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Leath
United States
OH
flag msg tools
badge
fyeahgamesandgrub.tumblr.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Mr. Buonocore (or anyone from Stronghold reading this)...

Will CO2 be available for Demo at GenCon? It looks fantastic and has definitely piqued my interest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why, Eric! I see that you are merely in Newark. There happens to be a recent (and another, much older) prototype of CO₂ a mere hour drive from your residence. I already plan to bring it to Columbus Area Boardgaming Society (CABS) in the near future. Perhaps you would like to try it sooner than GenCon (and again then, if Stephen can take a production proof or something to the show)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Leath
United States
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
my website co-writer is an active member of CABS (Scott Bolderson, if you know him).

Any chance you would have it with you at this Saturday's meeting? I was thinking of making a trip up there anyway, and this would give me extra incentive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice! Yeah, I know Scott. Yes, I plan to bring it Saturday evening, as long as nothing bars my attendance. I think I have just the one seat I was reserving for you, so hopefully Scott won't feel ostracized….
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Leath
United States
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eh, I doubt he'll feel ostracized.

My wife and I will be at CABS from 12-4 before heading up to Mansfield for a holiday party. Didn't know what time you were planning to be there, but wanted to give you a heads up just in case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Buonocore
United States
BOYNTON BEACH
FL
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whisperhand wrote:

Will CO2 be available for Demo at GenCon? It looks fantastic and has definitely piqued my interest.

Is my father here? Please... no "Mr. Buonocore"... Stephen shall do...

Alas, I will not have a production copy of CO2 at Gen Con. It sounds like YOU have access to CO2 already from a prototype, so you will be able to get a feel for the game from that. There have been changes, I am sure, from whatever prototype exists with CABS, both art changes (a lot) and some game play changes (some). My crack (unpaid, but very appreciated) staff of playtesters provided a lot of feedback to Vital, and changes were made in response to this.

I might have production artwork there, of course...

Thanks,
Stephen M. Buonocore
Stronghold Games LLC
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whisperhand wrote:
My wife and I will be at CABS from 12-4 before heading up to Mansfield for a holiday party. Didn't know what time you were planning to be there, but wanted to give you a heads up just in case.

Oh no, Eric! I can't get there until after that. Such a travesty. I will cross paths with you as I head south to CABS. Well, any chance for another time?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
evilone wrote:
Alas, I will not have a production copy of CO2 at Gen Con. It sounds like YOU have access to CO2 already from a prototype, so you will be able to get a feel for the game from that. There have been changes, I am sure, from whatever prototype exists with CABS, both art changes (a lot) and some game play changes (some). My crack (unpaid, but very appreciated) staff of playtesters provided a lot of feedback to Vital, and changes were made in response to this.

Thanks,
Stephen M. Buonocore
Stronghold Games LLC

I can vouch for Stephen: Things are quite dynamic at the moment!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Van Maanen
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
evilone wrote:
Whisperhand wrote:

Thanks,
Stephen M. Buonocore
Stronghold Games LLC

Hi Stephen - I'm also interested in trying this out. Will a non-production copy be available for demo at GenCon?

Jeremy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Buonocore
United States
BOYNTON BEACH
FL
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremyvm wrote:
evilone wrote:
Whisperhand wrote:

Thanks,
Stephen M. Buonocore
Stronghold Games LLC

Hi Stephen - I'm also interested in trying this out. Will a non-production copy be available for demo at GenCon?

Jeremy

I will see what I can do, but I don't think so. Sorry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.