GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,232 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Sentinels of the Multiverse» Forums » Rules

Subject: Incapacitated Powers - Clarification Please rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J Boomhower
United States
Fairfield
VT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got this in the mail with bday money (finally in my library) but haven't had a chance to play. I have a quick question about the use of incapacitated heroes that I can't find anywhere else. I noticed Haka has duplicate powers on the back side of the card. Should I interpret the rules to mean that the use of an incapacitated hero goes in the order listed? It isn't a choice but 3 shots at helping out then done? Otherwise, the duplication makes little sense and I can't see any errata saying its wrong. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
b.a hammer
msg tools
mb
one is draw and one is play a card. you get to pick the one you want to use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Graham
United States
College Station
Texas
flag msg tools
I am Broccoli, most intelligent vegetable!
badge
I will destroy you all!
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the cards in front of me right now, so I'm not familiar with the duplicate effect you're referring to, but I'm sure you select one of the effects and use it during an incapacitated character's turn.

Edit: Also, the text you're looking for is on page 6, paragraph 3 under Battle. "and on that hero's turn, the only thing that player may do is use one of those abilities." It's also noted on page 11 in the definition of Incapacitated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Wasson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
DAD JOKES
badge
Never trot when you can prance.
mbmbmbmbmb
Read the card closely. One of his incapacitated powers lets another player play a card, and another lets another player draw a card. They are all different.

Generally, the way they work is each time the incapacitated hero would take a turn, instead they select and activate one of their incapacitated powers. You may use whichever power you like in your turn. You may even use the same power repeatedly turn after turn if you so choose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
b.a hammer
msg tools
mb
I was thinking about down powers a bit. I kind of wish the down powers where printed on the cards in the deck and you had to draw/ use one of the ones in your hand to make it feel more like the normal game even when you are down.

its still better then being down and out but I have lots of people say they are board when they are down because of the lack of randomness/ options
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ahammer wrote:
I was thinking about down powers a bit. I kind of wish the down powers where printed on the cards in the deck and you had to draw/ use one of the ones in your hand to make it feel more like the normal game even when you are down.

its still better then being down and out but I have lots of people say they are board when they are down because of the lack of randomness/ options

I agree. While I think its an innovative mechanic and give kudos for that, it doesn't actually make you feel very involved with. Your "dead" turn is over and done so quick, you might as well not have had one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Call
United States
Pocatello
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lordrahvin wrote:
ahammer wrote:

I agree. While I think its an innovative mechanic and give kudos for that, it doesn't actually make you feel very involved with. Your "dead" turn is over and done so quick, you might as well not have had one.

That's the cost of being dead. arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I usually find that the profusion of damage effects that target the person with the highest HP means that if someone goes down they won't be alone for long.
Someone getting KOed has reliably meant that you're all going to lose, or that victory is going to be knife-edge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.