GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,437 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Jayson Myers
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Conclusion: This is a party game that eliminates people from the game. I'm not a huge fan of eliminating people from the game. I'm also not a huge fan of people voting for a winner. This games does both; of course I knew that before I played the game as I'm a fan of the show.

I mostly bought and played this game as a curiosity, more than I expected much of a game. The rules are clear and the components are basically a bunch of cards. The game allows one person to play Jeff Probst and everyone else is on teams and plays through challenges. For the most part, it is a fun game if you like Survivor and this could be something fun to play in a class or at church. While not a great game (eliminating people is a mechanic that doesn't play well), it can be fun.

Components: You get a rule sheet that is a scroll (like on the show) and some cards that tell you challenges. That is it. The cards are on good stock, so it is good for what it is.

Rules: The rules are a scroll that is like the ones on the show. This was a neat touch. The rules are clear and teach you how to play. It even states that if the rule is not there, then make it up! That's an actual rule in the game.

Flow of the Game: Choose a host. The host then reads a card and both teams try to finish. A winner is chosen/someone wins. Losing team votes someone out. That's the game. The fun comes in the form of the teams doing the challenges. A lot of the game is subjective.

Should I buy this?: Yes, if you have a big group that will play this and if you are a big fan of Survivor. Otherwise, this game has some bad game mechanics and will not be fun for all. Choose accordingly. For me, I'll hang on to it, but it is really a purge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.