GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,433 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Star Wars Customizable Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Insignificant Rebellion (VT) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Liz Burton
United States
Bethesda
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm running Raaltiir Ops and using the Insignificant Rebellion (VT), which states in part, "Your troopers are power = 2."

1) Are my Stormtrooper Garrisons now also power = 2? I assume that, as troopers, they are now power 2, which means they'll be leaving the deck in a hurry.

2) Does the Trooper Assault interrupt still add +2 to each trooper, or is the "power = 2" not able to be modified? I think it probably can be modified, so I'm still good here.

Rule clarifications appreciated!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Lernout
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From the Advanced Rulebook available here on the geek as well as the Player's Committee site:

Reset
The changing of a value to a specific new value (such as power=0). When a value is reset (e.g., ion cannons, crashed vehicles, weapons that set forfeit = 0, Lateral Damage), that value is unmodifiable until restored to normal (or until the affected card leaves play).

Reset - Competing Resets
If a card has its value reset, and another action will reset that value, whichever value is lower is the one that is applied. For example, Insignificant Rebellion (V) resets a trooper's power to 2, but Speeder Bike resets its pilot's power to 0. If you deploy a trooper as a pilot on a Speeder Bike, he'll be power 0, because that is the lower value.

As I interpret the above, Stormtrooper Garrison is Power = 2 and Trooper Assault will not modify that power (although it still grants immunity to attrition) as long as Insignificant Rebellion(V) is in play.

Edits: I suck at formatting and had to fix some tags.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liz Burton
United States
Bethesda
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So...I'm going to have to use a different Objective with my trooper deck, because Ralltiir Ops isn't safe to play without Insignificant Rebellion (v), but that card kills the trooper portion. Which was probably intended. Nuts!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the power=2 affects a trooper's base power as inscribed on the card, thus the base power of a single trooper becomes 2.
any card that adds +2 power, still gets added on top of this.

regarding the stormtrooper garrison card, since it represents several troopers, not a single one, I would say it doesnt apply.
it seems to represent 8 stormtroopers, then the card would have power 16 (8x2) by applying the power=2 to each of its troopers.

not applying the effect to the garrison seems the best bet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liz Burton
United States
Bethesda
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Angelsenior wrote:
the power=2 affects a trooper's base power as inscribed on the card, thus the base power of a single trooper becomes 2.
any card that adds +2 power, still gets added on top of this.

regarding the stormtrooper garrison card, since it represents several troopers, not a single one, I would say it doesnt apply.
it seems to represent 8 stormtroopers, then the card would have power 16 (8x2) by applying the power=2 to each of its troopers.

not applying the effect to the garrison seems the best bet.

I have to disagree that Trooper Assault still adds power +2 to each trooper. It doesn't comport with the "your troopers are power = 2" reading, plus it would make a Raaltiir trooper deck just a bit too powerful.

However, I could buy that about the garrison. It represents more than 1 character (though it does still move for 1 force, unless I've been playing it incorrectly), so it should probably retain its power of 8.

Anyway, I'm changing the deck to an Imperial Entanglements objective, so I wont have to worry about all this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.