Hide
13 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Discussing Retailers

Subject: Heroscape iguk rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
sunsprie sunsprie
msg tools
Hi i am new here so i really dont know if i am posting in the right place but anyhow. I would like to buy a game of iguk and was wondering if these guys are reliable? The game i want just says "on order" it does not actually say it is in stock.I have contacted iguk many times and they have not got back to me.I cant even find a phone number to get through to them so have just been trying through emails but no reply.Any help would be great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Hamilton
United Kingdom
Livingston
West Lothian
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've used this company many times in the past and found their service excellent. I only once had a problem with an order and it was fixed post haste. I would not hesitate to recommend them to fellow gamers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B'Cup x
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Ive used them once that I can remember which was about 2 weeks back. The item arrived very fast and was ordered at the same time I ordered an item from molibob, both despatched on the same day yet the latter has still to arrive.

For this reason I placed my second order with them just recently and hopefully the service is just as good x

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Simcoe
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As others have said they are a good reliable company and have ordered from them many times in the past, although not for a while.

However as all the Heroscape products are out of print and no longer available (from a distributer point of view) I think the chances of them actually ever fulfilling the order would be very slim though. I have noticed they do tend to leave things in the database that are out of print and list them as 'on order' for quite a while.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had good experiences with them. Unlike many other online retailers I find that they are good at keeping their stock records up to date.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Simcoe
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Its true that they are good in keeping stock records up to date for items that are still in stock, but they do have a lot of stuff listed at the moment that has been out of print for a long while (some for years) and have them listed as 'on order' (some of the D&D and Axis & Allies miniatures boosters for example).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry. My mistake - 'On Order' means possibly/possibly never.

The game has not been out of print (OOP) for some years.

You'd be better to get it used off ebay.

I'd go back to the drawing board. Perhaps ask for a recommendation.

EDIT:
Sorry, I'm errorful today - creating confusions wherever I go... I was trying to say it had been oop for some years. I see now that it was formally dropped in Nov 2010 but I thought it was even earlier than that. In baseball terms I'm out
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Simcoe
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to clarify I wasn't implying that Heroscape has been out of print for years, just some of the other items they have listed 'on order'

Anyway Liam is correct in that Ebay would probably be your only chance of picking up Heroscape stuff these days (certainly the base set anyway).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Abdullah Ibrahim and Ekaya - Sotho Blue
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sunsprie wrote:
Hi i am new here so i really dont know if i am posting in the right place but anyhow.

For future reference, the right place would be the Discussing Retailers Forum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emile de Maat
Netherlands
Hengelo
Overijssel
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved Thread
Moved this thread from the New User Questions forum to the Discussing Retailers forum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sunsprie sunsprie
msg tools
Thanks folks. I was going to order the heroscape dungeons and dragons set as it was only £25 with free deliviery but i think the chances of them having this is very slim.I have just started playing fantasy board games and have bought a heroscape master set and really enjoying it.I will check ebay but alot of the stuff i have seen is from the states and delivery is very expensive as i am in Ireland.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd sign up for the email notification from iguk on that item. I've found that handy in the past.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CJ
United Kingdom
Colchester
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I'll just chime in to add that iguk are a good company from whom I've ordered a number of times and have never had a problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.