Popular Tags: [View All]
William
United States
Converse
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I game for a living...I just dont get paid for it.
mbmbmbmbmb

Does anyone know what size of sleeves fit this game. I am still waiting for my order to arrive and would like to order the sleeves.
I typically buy Mayday games sleeves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
They're the same size as e.g. Magic cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Ebert
United States
North Fort Myers
Florida
flag msg tools
Solo Gamers are NOT lonely!
badge
Together We Game Alone (1 Player Guild)
mbmbmbmbmb
5sola wrote:

Does anyone know what size of sleeves fit this game. I am still waiting for my order to arrive and would like to order the sleeves.
Green Mayday Card Game Sleeves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Bolme
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmb
Asmor wrote:
Not quite. Magic is European poker size, which is 63mm x 88mm. AEG games are US poker size, which is 2.5" x 3.5", or 63.5 x 88.9.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
really? 88.9? Hm.

FFG standard card game sleeves are (63.5 x 88 MM)

Mayday Green are same size (but I'm not a fan of Mayday sleeves).

I don't recall the sleeves being too short... I mean 1 MM is small enough you might not notice, but still, that seems like a weird size. But yeah, that is the conversion from 2.5" x 3.5". Maybe the sleeves run big and the cards run small.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
edbolme wrote:
Asmor wrote:
Not quite. Magic is European poker size, which is 63mm x 88mm. AEG games are US poker size, which is 2.5" x 3.5", or 63.5 x 88.9.
Interesting. I've been using Ultra Pro sleeves made for Magic cards on my Thunderstone cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like we need a magnifying glass and a ruler to measure the actual size of the sleeve and the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Ebert
United States
North Fort Myers
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just did some comparisons.

Thunderstone cards are slightly bigger than Magic, mostly in width, but not by much.

Thunderstone cards fit nicely in Magic Sleeves, I just tested it myself

I use the Card Game Sleeves from Mayday (Green) and TS cards fit them perfectly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Croft
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use FFG grey top Standard sleeves.

The sleeve is slightly long so I trim about 2 mm off the end to get a perfect fit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Smith
United Kingdom
Pimlico
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shacky22 wrote:
5sola wrote:

Green Mayday Card Game Sleeves.
Don't get mayday sleeves - the ffg are much better quality and protect the cards a a lot more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Ouellette
Canada
flag msg tools
I got the FFG ones, no problem for sleeving all + avatars.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.A.H. van de Laak
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cataphract Sleeves also has sleeves for Thunderstone. (sleevedominion.com)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harvie Jarriell
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got some Green MayDay sleeves and they don't fit Thunderstone Advance cards. They will fit my Thunderstone cards, but when I lay an Advance card over a Thunderstone card, the Advance card is slightly wider and taller.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Ebert
United States
North Fort Myers
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Spyre wrote:
Just got some Green MayDay sleeves and they don't fit Thunderstone Advance cards. They will fit my Thunderstone cards, but when I lay an Advance card over a Thunderstone card, the Advance card is slightly wider and taller.

Odd... I have Thunderstone Advance sleeved with Green MayDay Sleeves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brendan b
United States
chicago
Select State
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been through hundreds of the green sleeves, and one out of twenty BARELY fits without bowing the card. Like, the ones that fit are the mistakes.

Mayday has been great with sending me replacements, but I have no use for them.

I really need to sleeve these cards, but I can't seem to find a solid enough average of success stories with different sizes and brands.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
UltraPro sleeves ($6/100) will work fine and are usually very easy to find. CoolStuffInc has them, your FLGS should be able to get them too.

FFG sleeves ("Standard Card Game") are currently out-of-stock everywhere and they tend to be that way for long periods of time, making it a difficult choice unless when they do come into stock, you buy a TON of extras so that you have more for expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Fiedler
Australia
Colebee
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This is because Thunderstone Adv cards are NOT 63.5mm x 88mm, which is what the Mayday sleeves are.

I have 2 different green Mayday sleeves; 63.5mm x 88mm and 2 5/8" x 3 5/8", and they are both the same. Since Thunderstone are bigger than this, they won't work.

I'm not sure why AEG made Thunderstone Advance cards bigger than the standard, and bigger than the original Thunderstone, but it sure erks me now that I cannot find sleeves that fit nicely like the original Thunderstone.

Plus, it also means I can't combine old and new thunderstone cards because there is about a 1mm difference in width that is noticable.

Seems like AEG screwed up with the colors AND the sizes with Thunderstone Advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brendan b
United States
chicago
Select State
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The 2 5/8 x 3 5/8 don't fit? That's weird...

I measured a card last night, and it looked 2.5 x 3.5 to me.

I ordered a pack of the Ultra Pro sleeves to try out. I will report back.

This is ridiculous.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ReqMan wrote:

Plus, it also means I can't combine old and new thunderstone cards because there is about a 1mm difference in width that is noticable.
This is the first I've heard of this, but if true, another point for not being able to mix TS and TSA.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Bolme
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmb
TSA cards are 2.5 x 3.5, which is US poker standard size.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
edbolme wrote:
TSA cards are 2.5 x 3.5, which is US poker standard size.
Or "Magic the Gathering size" which is probably more helpful if trying to buy card sleeves, since any store owner / employee *should* be able to point you to sleeves that work for Magic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Bolme
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmb
Magic is 63mm x 88mm, which is European standard poker size.

So TSA is slightly larger than Magic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
2.5 in = 63.5 mm
3.5 in = 88.9 mm

so yes, it is SLIGHTLY different, but even FFG rounds 3.5" to 88 mm (although they say 2.5" is 63.5 mm). Anything 2.5x3.5 will fit in a Magic sleeve... although YMMV on Mayday's sleeves considering their (lack of) Quality Control.

Mayday does appear to make a 66 x 91 mm size--although with 3 mm extra on both length and width, I wouldn't recommend it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Fiedler
Australia
Colebee
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The TSA cards I have are not 2.5 x 3.5. They are infact 64mm x 89mm.

They are about 1mm wider than original TS (which ARE 2.5 x 3.5), and thus do not fit in standard 2.5 x 3.5 sleeves.

I just purchased 13 packs of Mayday sleeves thinking they will fit, but they do not. Not sure what to do now because it appears to be very difficult to find sleeves that will fit 64mm x 89mm.

So, A: it's bad enough that they don't fit the standard 2.5x3.5 size
and B: it's even worse that they are larger than original Thunderstone cards, which means you can't mix them together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Ebert
United States
North Fort Myers
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ReqMan wrote:
This is because Thunderstone Adv cards are NOT 63.5mm x 88mm, which is what the Mayday sleeves are.

I have 2 different green Mayday sleeves; 63.5mm x 88mm and 2 5/8" x 3 5/8", and they are both the same. Since Thunderstone are bigger than this, they won't work.

I'm not sure why AEG made Thunderstone Advance cards bigger than the standard, and bigger than the original Thunderstone, but it sure erks me now that I cannot find sleeves that fit nicely like the original Thunderstone.

Seems like AEG screwed up with the colors AND the sizes with Thunderstone Advance.
I think you may have a bad cut or something, or possibly from a different manufacturer? (For different languages or something?) I'm not sure what the case may be, but I just went and unsleeved a Thunderstone card and a Thunderstone Advanced card and compared the two (stacked them on top of each other) and they are the exact same size. One does not extend out from the other by any length. I have both original thunderstone and thunderstone advance cards sleeved in mayday green sleeves and they both fit them perfectly.
I think that the problem may actually be with your particular copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   |