For The Win» Forums » Rules

Subject: Adding a Tile rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sochan

Rhode Island
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can I add a tile to the grid that is not touching any other tiles with my 1st action and connect it with a move, shove, special ability, etc ... as my 2nd action?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
max raymond
Canada
montreal
quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think so. all tiles must touch when laid on the table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SQ
United States
Show Low
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
BLAMMO!
mbmbmbmbmb
SockHandPuppet wrote:
Can I add a tile to the grid that is not touching any other tiles with my 1st action and connect it with a move, shove, special ability, etc ... as my 2nd action?

Good question, but no. When a tile is added to the grid it must be touching an opponent's tile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Varner
msg tools
mbmbmb
meskue wrote:
SockHandPuppet wrote:

Good question, but no. When a tile is added to the grid it must be touching an opponent's tile.

I thought it just had to be connected to the grid (at least at a diagonal corner) - must every added tile also be connected to an OPPONENT's tile?

If so my first couple games have not been done entirely correctly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Graham
United States
College Station
Texas
flag msg tools
I am Broccoli, most intelligent vegetable!
badge
I will destroy you all!
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, the rules explicitly state that a placed tile cannot touch your own tiles, but they have to be touching something. Inherently, that means they must be touching an opponent's.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SQ
United States
Show Low
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
BLAMMO!
mbmbmbmbmb
DarthVarner wrote:
must every added tile also be connected to an OPPONENT's tile?

The placed tiles are what makes up the grid. This is why each player starts with a Monkey on the grid. When placing a tile it has to touch something or it would be off by itself. The placed tile may only touch an opponent's tile because otherwise you'd be connecting your own tiles by simply placing them.

Make sense?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.