Manuel Pasi
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
Ka Mate Ka Mate
badge
Ka Ora Ka Ora
mbmbmbmbmb
This is sort of a call to Jason Matthews and could as easily be posted in the Campaign Manager or Founding Fathers forums:

I absolutely love the trifecta of political games (and prefer them over TS and most likely 1989 which I have not yet played).

Please keep on designing those games and more importantly in the meantime please do some expansion for CM (new deck of cards etc) and MotP... they just seem to be made for expansions and I am sure I would not be the only one happy to see them coming.

manu
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jamelli
United States
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm itching to try 1989. I would also echo Manuel's post to Mr. Mathews to keep strong with the political style CDGs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gray
United States
Watertown
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played Campaign Manager last night -- it all came down to the last 7 electoral votes from Oregon (thematically correct? -- polls close last in the west!). Closest CM game I've ever had.

Just another prime example of why I'm also a big fan of JM's political games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Matthews
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PasiMax wrote:
This is sort of a call to Jason Matthews and could as easily be posted in the Campaign Manager or Founding Fathers forums:

I absolutely love the trifecta of political games (and prefer them over TS and most likely 1989 which I have not yet played).

Please keep on designing those games and more importantly in the meantime please do some expansion for CM (new deck of cards etc) and MotP... they just seem to be made for expansions and I am sure I would not be the only one happy to see them coming.

manu

Well, thanks gang. That's very kind. I doubt I'll ever get too far away from politics-as-conflict as a theme, because I like it so well, and frankly, it's not really over done like some other game subjects. That said, I'm not too huge on designing the same game twice, so expect more tweaks but not a ton of straight up expansions.

And of course, I only speak for myself here, my very talented code signers may have thoughts of there own.

Jason
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wendigo song
United States
Claymont
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know about everyone else, but personally I'd love to get an Orval Faubus expansion to 1960 so as to make it a 3 player game. Hell, I'd buy any expansion to that game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Pasi
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
Ka Mate Ka Mate
badge
Ka Ora Ka Ora
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, you could always do something like "West Wing - The Boardgame"...a semi-cooperative strategy game. All players work for the same side, but each with his/her agenda and lobbies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jamelli
United States
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like Founding Fathers as a more than 2P option, but it isn't an election game.

Not that the 1992 election was all that interesting, but a game wtih Clinton/Bush I/Perot going at it would give a 1960 style election game a third player option.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.