Steve Zanini
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Subject: Confused but only slightly
Just got the game and I have a simple question, when the hamster falls out does it need to be placed back in the wheel? I am assuming yes but it is a heavy sucker.

Oh one more, it appears that consensus is that pieces added need to be placed in the direction of building direction, correct?

Any FAQ anywhere?

Love the game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Nathan
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Steve - current rules from Zoch are here:

http://www.zoch-verlag.com/fileadmin/user_upload/Spielregeln...

Zamboni wrote:
Subject: Confused but only slightly
Just got the game and I have a simple question, when the hamster falls out does it need to be placed back in the wheel?

Yes. Page 5 of linked rules:

Quote:
All pieces that
fall out of the hamster wheel, will have to be put in again later.

And Page 7:

Quote:
If, during your turn, playing pieces fall out of the hamster wheel (they only have to
touch the table, even if they are still lying partly inside the wheel), you take these
pieces.

Though I feel that a strict interpretation of these rules implies that the "hamster" must (in order to "get rid of all of your pieces") be placed back in the wheel, it surprises me that this isn't explicitly mentioned. (Though, to me, these rules are notoriously loose around the edges)

Quote:
I am assuming yes but it is a heavy sucker.

Its weight is usually a red herring. Don't let it intimidate your play.

Quote:
Oh one more, it appears that consensus is that pieces added need to be placed in the direction of building direction, correct?

Yes. See page 6 for "Stick to the rolling direction!"

Quote:
Any FAQ anywhere?

Love the game

Not that I know of, but there are many FAQ-ish threads, with community input, but I don't know of any official or quasi-official clarifications:

Rules Ambiguities
A few questions after two plays

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Zanini
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
James,

Thanks a ton for the help, I appreciate you taking the time to answer my queries. Personally a damn fine game!

Steve
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.