Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sea
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gosu has been 1 of my favorite card games, and I own both the original gosu + the kamakor expansion and would buy any further expansions they come out with... or so I thought till this came along.

My question is, is this game different enough from the base set to warrant for an additional purchase? I like the new card style, but if it's going to be the same/similar game as the original I think I'll give it a pass.

Also, assuming there would be further expansions for the Gosu series, would the expansions be compatible with the original gosu?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Harrison
United States
Fisher
Illinois
flag msg tools
So long ...
badge
... and thanks for all the fish.
mb
genesyx wrote:
Also, assuming there would be further expansions for the Gosu series, would the expansions be compatible with the original gosu?

They damn well better be. Because I'm not switching.

I can't fathom why this wasn't presented as a different line, or a different game in the same family. Because this doesn't fit any description of a second edition I like to see.

I'm begging here for another Gosu 1 expansion beyond Kamakor. It's such an excellent game the way it is already.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marwan Marwan مروان مروان
Canada
Greater Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HuginnGreiling wrote:
Because I'm not switching.

My sentiment exactly. I really enjoyed playing the game, I even got the Kamakor expansion...And I got my college gaming club to pick both up...This really makes me mad!

HuginnGreiling wrote:
I'm begging here for another Gosu 1 expansion beyond Kamakor. It's such an excellent game the way it is already.

Again, I agree...Why did Moonster release a game if they're going to "upgrade it" within a year. Makes me sad.

I picked up Texas Zombies from Moonster too...I hope they don't do something like that to all their games.

I think the lesson here is to wait a year or two before buying games from Moonster.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The reason one person posted was there were issues between the different languages that the game was made in. They decided to strip the cards of text and make it purely icon based and streamline it more. I continue to get the impression this game simply wasn't play tested enough before being released. Another feeling is Moonster has moved on from Gosu and will simply focus on Gosu 2 since it's "better."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Yeti
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love me some Gosu and Kamakor.

Since the text has been removed from the game the original Gosu is NOT compatible with Gosu Tactics.

I have the new Gosu and have played it 12+ times already. I found it to be a lot of fun and much more confrontational than the original. The "linking" ability sets up some great combos.

Faster play, very streamlined, the icons are easy to remember.

All in all I think it's a great addition to the Gosu family.

Gosu FTW!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.