Gustavo Di Pietro
Italy
Milan
MI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I've bought M44 in bundle with the terrain expansion and Winter/Desert. I'm still waiting for them to be delivered. Since I'd like to play M44 with more than two players, and since I've found Overlord for sale for cheap, is it all I need to play the game with more people, given the three boxes that I own, or I would need even more expansions to play nicely with Overlord? Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Wheal
United States
Kosse
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well - you do have two boards... but they don't match.

so, technically.. you have enough... visually - you might want another board.

and, right now.. that's another base game, or desert / winter, or a printed battlemap.

and someone is bound to come along and mention breakthrough...

you have the overlord command cards and any missing figures can be made up from the Overlord tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anybody ever played a game with two boards - a basic and a breakthrough board side-by-side (in a L-shape)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Garcia
Venezuela
Caracas
Miranda
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Slotracer wrote:
Has anybody ever played a game with two boards - a basic and a breakthrough board side-by-side (in a L-shape)?

Tried, the sea shore does not match, the half hexes are in different position.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Gibson
United States
San Diego (Scripps Ranch)
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've always, wishfully, hoped that DoW would release an expansion which simply adopted Tide of Iron's modular map boards. Then, any given scenario could be any size and be displayed laterally or horizontally. The only hitch would be the left/center/right sections which I suppose could be printed on expansion individual hexes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pistacchio wrote:
I've bought M44 in bundle with the terrain expansion and Winter/Desert. I'm still waiting for them to be delivered. Since I'd like to play M44 with more than two players, and since I've found Overlord for sale for cheap, is it all I need to play the game with more people, given the three boxes that I own, or I would need even more expansions to play nicely with Overlord? Thanks.

Richard Borg told me that he and his development crew play 3 people per side on a single board... The person in the center being the overall commander... Granted they play with 5" hexes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.