Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Last Night on Earth: The Zombie Game» Forums » General

Subject: various questions about scenario objectives rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig M.
United States
Winchester
Virginia
flag msg tools
Some of the scenarios are a little confusing to me in regards in setup. Do you assume that you always roll to spawn new zombies? Example: Plague carriers scenario says place 7 red zombies in random buildings. Do you still roll and count the plague carriers as zombies to see if you then place regular zombies as well? Or does this scenario only allow 7 red zombies and none others? Also, do the plague carriers only move if the heroes are two spaces near them? If this is the case, a hero only needs to get a gun with a range 3 to keep shooting until they die.

In summary, You apply the special rules on the card in red and you still roll for spawn new regular zombies for ALL scenarios? Does that sound correct?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Streuner
United States
Concord
North Carolina
flag msg tools
"Cambot! Gypsy! Tom Servo! Crooooow!"
badge
“Look at me! I’m dancin’! I’m dancin’!” (Claptrap)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
PenCapChew wrote:
Some of the scenarios are a little confusing to me in regards in setup. Do you assume that you always roll to spawn new zombies?

Yes, unless the scenario has Zombies Auto-Spawn. The only exceptions are some of the older scenarios that came out before Growing Hunger introduced Scenario Special Rules (i.e., Defend the ManorHouse and Revenge of the Dead) which spells out the auto-spawnage under the Scenario Objectives.

Quote:
Example: Plague carriers scenario says place 7 red zombies in random buildings. Do you still roll and count the plague carriers as zombies to see if you then place regular zombies as well? Or does this scenario only allow 7 red zombies and none others?

As stated on the scenario: "Plague Carriers are never returned to the Zombie Pool and do not count towards the number of Zombies on the board for rolling to spawn."

Quote:
Also, do the plague carriers only move if the heroes are two spaces near them? If this is the case, a hero only needs to get a gun with a range 3 to keep shooting until they die.

Yes, this is also indicated in the scenario, and thus it is very important for the Zombie Player(s) to defend the Plague Carriers.

Quote:
In summary, You apply the special rules on the card in red and you still roll for spawn new regular zombies for ALL scenarios? Does that sound correct?

The Plague Carriers are a super-special kind of zombie and do not count as Grave Dead. As for the Grave Dead themselves: "Grave Dead do count toward the number of Zombies you have on the board when rolling to Spawn." ('Growing Hunger Rulebook,' pg. 5, emphasis added)
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig M.
United States
Winchester
Virginia
flag msg tools
Thanks for the explanation. So the plague carriers scenario entails 7 red plague carriers and 14 regular zombies, so its quite similar to the zombie horde rule.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Streuner
United States
Concord
North Carolina
flag msg tools
"Cambot! Gypsy! Tom Servo! Crooooow!"
badge
“Look at me! I’m dancin’! I’m dancin’!” (Claptrap)
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
PenCapChew wrote:
Thanks for the explanation. So the plague carriers scenario entails 7 red plague carriers and 14 regular zombies, so its quite similar to the zombie horde rule.

Now if only I could find some players who'd allow me to add the Radioactive Grave Dead to that scenario. That would be SICK!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.