Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Kluck
United States
Hudson
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Connect a new piece of trivia with the last one posted.

EX:

Rodolfo Graziani had the ignoble honor of being nicknamed 'The Butcher of Ethiopia' AND 'The Butcher of Fezzan'.

--------------------------

Harry C. Butcher was the Naval Aide to General Dwight D. Eisenhower from 1942 to 1945.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
p55carroll
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
"Don't hang around, 'cause two's a crowd on my cloud, baby."
badge
"If I were to hang my head, I'd miss all the rainbows. And I'd drown in raindrops instead."
mbmbmbmbmb
Sitnam wrote:
Harry C. Butcher was the Naval Aide to General Dwight D. Eisenhower from 1942 to 1945.

During World War I, Eisenhower trained tank crews on the site of Pickett's Charge, on the Gettysburg battlefield.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Korreck
United States
Crystal Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pickett was played by Steven Lang in 'Gettysburg'. Steven Lang also played 'Stonewall' Jackson in 'Gods and Generals.'

I also want to cover myself with:

Steven Lang in "Tombstone" with Bill Paxton, Bill Paxton with Kevin Bacon in "Apollo 13"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Cirone
United States
Mansfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Like many other generals during the American Civil War, Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson began his military career during the Mexican-American War (1846 - 1848).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
Three future Presidents of the United States served in the U.S. military and fought in the Mexican American War: Zachary Taylor (12th, 1849-50), Franklin Pearce (14th, 1853-57), and Ulysses S. Grant (18th, 1869-77).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Belli
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."
mbmbmbmbmb
Jefferson Davis fought in the Mexican War and later became president of the Confederate States of America. He was also Zachary Taylor's son-in-law.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S S
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

There was a Butcher and a Graziani at the 1982 World Cup. Although their countries did not meet, in a reversal of history, a strong defense helped Italy achieve world domination (for four years.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kluck
United States
Hudson
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
World domination, a common theme in military history, is easier said than done. Logistics is the key, and the British Empire holds the record at 22.63% of the worlds land mass in 1922.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Willows
United States
Woburn
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ironically, 1922 was the year in which the Iraqi revolt against the British officially ended. The British had pretty much crushed the rebellion in 1920, but elements of the revolt lingered until 1922.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
Experts believe that Alexander's defeat of Darius at Gaugamela was fought near the modern Iraqi village of Tel Gomel, located just east of Mosul, on the road to Erbil (Arbela).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Arbela & Edward EVAH! to develop a meaningful relationship within the "Twilight" series? whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.