David Etherton
Scotland
Edinburgh
Scotland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rules state that when gear is purchased, you pick up the associated token and remove the gear card from the game. So if that token is on a ship that's obsoleted and you don't choose it as one of the up to two gear you can immediately repurchase, is the token removed from the game forever? Or do you put the associated gear *card* back into the discard pile for the market?

Same question for pilots - if you choose not to keep one, is it removed from the game, or sent to the market discard pile?

Also, while the rules specifically state the market discard pile is shuffled after the draw pile is depleted they don't mention anything of the sort for the destination cards at the bottom of page 8 in the rules. I imagine they'd be reshuffled as well to form a new draw pile?

(I have no idea how often either of the draw piles ever really runs out unless somebody is making really silly decisions, but I'm a computer programmer by trade and like to get the corner cases right)

-Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
etherton wrote:
If a [gear] token is on a ship that's obsoleted and you don't choose it as one of the up to two [gear/pilots] you can immediately repurchase, is the token removed from the game forever?

Yes (although the number of supplied gear tokens is not a game limit).

Quote:
Do you put the associated gear *card* back into the discard pile for the market?

No.

Quote:
Same question for pilots - if you choose not to keep one, is it removed from the game [...]?

Yes.

Quote:
[Are destination cards reshuffled when the deck is exhausted?]

Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.