51 Posts
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Press Releases

Subject: Incredibly beautiful Playing CardS!! GalaxY CardS! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ink Blot
msg tools
These have to be some of the most beautiful Poker cards ever created!!
Poker Standard, fully custom suits: Earth, Moon, Sun, Ringed Planet!! Check em out and tell us what YOU think! 1st Edition and a Collectors dream for sure!
You can be a part of this historic moment and get your hands on a deck like NONE other!
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1919551650/alien-ink-gal...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
いい竹やぶだ!

South Euclid
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmb
Just wondering—have you had anyone who is color-blind try out these cards? The Earth and Moon cards might be a bit difficult to tell apart, especially in low light.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McMahon
United States
West Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Lookee what he can do! He wants a job!
mbmbmbmbmb
robigo wrote:
Just wondering—have you had anyone who is color-blind try out these cards? The Earth and Moon cards might be a bit difficult to tell apart, especially in low light.
My thoughts exactly, being slightly color blind myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ink Blot
msg tools
I am actually colorblind!! So yeah, they work perfectly, even in low light

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Beyke
United States
Louisville
KY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Backed. Would have been cool to have snagged one of the $7 levels, but oh well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ink Blot
msg tools
Thanks! Congrats! I know you are going to love this groundbreaking deck! Welcome to playing card history!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ink Blot
msg tools
You can always find a friend that you play games with to go in with you, and adjust your pledge to $20 for 2 decks!
Thanks so much for your support and the fb 'like'! Welcome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Häs Brommer

Massachusetts
msg tools
mbmb
BTBAM wrote:
Backed. Would have been cool to have snagged one of the $7 levels, but oh well.

It probably would have been better to not have said "but we wanted to be sure that anyone that really wants to be a part of this has an opportunity to pledge. So PLEASE only pledge at this level if it is just right for you." in the description of the $7 level, because it is obvious that not anyone would have an opportunity to pledge, but only the first 10 people to ignore the "PLEASE only pledge at this level if it is just right for you." request.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I must be missing something here. It's a deck of cards, with planets on them. The art is reasonably nice, but how exactly is this supposed to be groundbreaking, historic, and amazing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Lambert
United States
American Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dboeren wrote:
I must be missing something here. It's a deck of cards, with planets on them. The art is reasonably nice, but how exactly is this supposed to be groundbreaking, historic, and amazing?

My thoughts exactly. I'll admit that it is a cool looking deck, but it is just a deck of cards. You could do this yourself on Artscow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Beyke
United States
Louisville
KY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Styro wrote:
dboeren wrote:

My thoughts exactly. I'll admit that it is a cool looking deck, but it is just a deck of cards. You could do this yourself on Artscow.

I as well don't know what's groundbreaking about it...but I figured it'd be nice to have when playing some filler time around Cosmic Encounter, TI:3, RFTG, or Eclipse nights.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ink Blot
msg tools
GalaxY CardS are the first deck in the history of this WORLD to feature the suits of Earth, Moon, Sun and Ringed Planet! THAT's how it's groundbreaking!
You can own the 1st Edition deck of GalaxY CardS... It's gonna be priceless no matter what you choose to do with it. Keep it on display, play games, do magic... Either way, this deck will forever be, and ARE a part of playing card history..! So the answer to your question is simple...
Are YOU a Plalien?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Morgan
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Blot wrote:
GalaxY CardS are the first deck in the history of this WORLD to feature the suits of Earth, Moon, Sun and Ringed Planet! THAT's how it's groundbreaking!

50% more groundbreaking than Decktet!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Beyke
United States
Louisville
KY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Blot wrote:

But that still doesn't really tell others on this site what is groundbreaking about them.

If someone made a deck of cards with Tupac, Notorious BIG, Lil' Wayne and Kanye West would that be groundbreaking?

Why did you chose the suits that you did? Why was a star not a part of it? Why should people here be interested in this, or the fact that they'd have a *first edition* of them at all?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ink Blot
msg tools
GalaxY CardS are also the only deck to my knowledge that is specifically designed to be both fully Poker standard AND capable of seamlessly playing BOTH European and U.S. Games. All the info re: super kewl stuff is on the KS:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1919551650/alien-ink-gal...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hummm...

How do they say, "Don't feed the... playing cards"?
The very Earth shatters then!

Edit:
For us uninitiated - what is the difference between US and European poker, that regular cards cannot handle?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Morgan
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BTBAM wrote:
Why was a star not a part of it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Not a bad looking deck, but this quote from the KickStarter page is what sold me:

"We have tested these cards in every game we could find, from 'speed' to 'poker' to 'solitaire' to everything in between and they have performed flawlessly!"

Poker and Solitaire? So I'll be able to throw out those extra decks I've got at home for individual games and use this one for EVERYTHING?! Consider me sold twice over!

(No, actually I'm not sold. But they do look nice. Best of luck with the KickStarter effort.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You know what? They would look nicer if they were hand-drawn.
This way I can pretty much see many similar designs, had someone scour teh internetz for star photos and mix them up in teh photoshopz...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Beyke
United States
Louisville
KY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EitherOrlok wrote:
BTBAM wrote:
Why was a star not a part of it?

Meaning to me, a space themed deck, it seems interesting that there is a Sun, Moon, then the Earth and a......ringed planet. Not a star, which would be more common than a ringed planet (again, I would think). And it's mentioned on the kickstarter that if you were to break it up into suit pairs (Like blacks vs reds), it is broken down by moon and earth (pips) and then ringed planet and sun (unique shaped and warm hued). It just seems interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Beyke
United States
Louisville
KY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the font for the numbers and or court letter the Spiderman font from the last movie series?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ink Blot
msg tools
AlieN InK is a brand new playing card company. Imagine owning the 1st Edition deck ever made by say, BICYCLE? Can you imagine the value of a deck like that? Now imagine having a 1st Edition Deck signed by the founders of the company. These decks are going to be priceless.

And what is groundbreaking, is that playing card companies have been making pretty much the same playing cards since they were standardized into what you all play today!
There may be some black decks, cool colored pips, or kewl backs, but the truth is: It's the SAME deck!

But NOT when you use GalaxY CardS... This is the first deck in history to use these suits and the suits are AWESOME right? This isn't Kanye, Lil Wayne etc. THESE suits are part of EVERYONE in the world!!! EVERYONE looks up at the moon, and the Sun... You are all a part of this GalaxY, and THAT is what this deck celebrates!

The FIRST magic trick I ever showed a woman with these, she stopped me as soon as I flipped a card over to show her the face and stared, telling me it was the most beautiful deck she had ever seen in her life!

It's priceless when you ask someone to pick a card and remember it when they haven't seen the deck yet... (*did I really just pick the 10 of Moons?)

Making the suits what they are, came from our love for the stars, Hubble images, and anything that delves into our place in the universe as a whole. You will see the star suit in one form or another very soon. We own the copyright on several other suits, and you are a part of the beginning of what is going to become a playing card legacy.

Wow... That's a long post Thanks for all your interest guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, pretty much nothing of substance here...

How is this different from cards having say a nicely sprayed-over sidewalk as the deck theme? A nicely sprayed-over sidewalk is for EVERYONE and EVERYONE looks at it and ADMIRES the artist who created that BEAUTY...

Can you say anything without such AWESOME KUUL LEETSPEAK of yours, something that would answer any of the questions posed here?

You know, users here are pretty adverse to useless shilling...

Blot wrote:
AlieN InK is a brand new playing card company. Imagine owning the 1st Edition deck ever made by say, BICYCLE? Can you imagine the value of a deck like that? Now imagine having a 1st Edition Deck signed by the founders of the company. These decks are going to be priceless.

And what is groundbreaking, is that playing card companies have been making pretty much the same playing cards since they were standardized into what you all play today!
There may be some black decks, cool colored pips, or kewl backs, but the truth is: It's the SAME deck!

But NOT when you use GalaxY CardS... This is the first deck in history to use these suits and the suits are AWESOME right? This isn't Kanye, Lil Wayne etc. THESE suits are part of EVERYONE in the world!!! EVERYONE looks up at the moon, and the Sun... You are all a part of this GalaxY, and THAT is what this deck celebrates!

The FIRST magic trick I ever showed a woman with these, she stopped me as soon as I flipped a card over to show her the face and stared, telling me it was the most beautiful deck she had ever seen in her life!

It's priceless when you ask someone to pick a card and remember it when they haven't seen the deck yet... (*did I really just pick the 10 of Moons?)

Making the suits what they are, came from our love for the stars, Hubble images, and anything that delves into our place in the universe as a whole. You will see the star suit in one form or another very soon. We own the copyright on several other suits, and you are a part of the beginning of what is going to become a playing card legacy.

Wow... That's a long post Thanks for all your interest guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Beyke
United States
Louisville
KY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your comment leads me to believe there is the possibility to add more than just four suits. Have you all developed new games with the use of more than 4 suits? Similarly in a way to Five Crowns?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ink Blot
msg tools
Joeyeti wrote:
You know what? They would look nicer if they were hand-drawn.
This way I can pretty much see many similar designs, had someone scour teh internetz for star photos and mix them up in teh photoshopz...

I spent 4 months with an international artist working on these images. They are a combination of cgi and brush strokes, and are all completely original works. A LOT of work went into making these images as beautiful as we could get them. The response has been nothing but overwhelmingly good in person so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.