Kingdom Builder» Forums » General

Subject: Have you gotten to 100 yet? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
I played a 3P game yesterday with the Lords, Knights and Hermits as scoring cards and a board made up of Barns, Harbors, Paddocks and the Oracle. I grabbed the Oracle early and got a paddock early and one more later in the game. I managed to score 89 points. The other two were well behind. This was surely the highest score I've seen in any of my games (my sister got into the high 70s last week or so). Just wondering if anyone has gotten to the center of the scoring track spiral yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Milbrath
United States
Blaine
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Better to reign in Hell than to serve in Heaven.
badge
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things. - Isaiah 45:7
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I have once so far. I don't remember the combination of cards and tiles setup, but I know it involved the edge piece and the paddock. We would lay the edge one down and jump it away with paddock. The lords card and fisherman I believe were involved in scoring and I ended up with all 4 sectors since I rushed my pieces out before my opponent. I also got 96 points the other day too. Both of these were in a 2 player game. We tend to get much lower scores in 3 players though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Saari
Finland
flag msg tools
http://www.lautapeliopas.fi/ - the best Finnish board game resource!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played a two-player game where I lost with 115-105 or so. Merchants, Farmers, Lords. My wife scored 40 points from Merchants, not bad...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've come close, 95. That was in a solo game, so, much easier than multiplayer, don't have to worry about blocking etc; but still, most of my solo games I'm trying my hardest and just scoring in the 50s, 60s and 70s, so I was thrilled to get 95.

I had Oracle, Harbor, Oasis, Paddock, and for scoring Capitol, Workers, Farmers and Hermits. Workers and Farmers were huge points-wise, 27 and 30 respectively.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P. oeppel
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
msaari wrote:
I played a two-player game where I lost with 115-105 or so. Merchants, Farmers, Lords. My wife scored 40 points from Merchants, not bad...

Yeah, we managed 115-109 in our last game as well, although we I have to say that we had to capitols in play (without it would have been 108-100 I think)

Scoring cards: Merchants, Lords and Hermits
Boards: Oracle (with 1 Capitol), Harbour (with 1 Capitol), Barn and Paddock

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Jones
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
I got one. The goals were Farmers, Lords, and Discoverers, for which my scores were 30 (max), 42, and 20 (max). I also connected 4 out of 5 castles on the map for 12 more points. Total 104.

My opponent fell behind by not having bonus house actions early or often enough. He finished with 11 houses remaining. However, I don't think that's necessary to score 100+ with this setup. In a two-player game, one player will score 42 and the other 30 most of the time. The only other possibilities are each getting 2 majorities, having a tie in one or more quadrants, and one or more players having nothing in one or more quadrants.

Maximizing Farmers is not too hard, just get 10 pieces in each quadrant. Maximizing Discoverers is as easy, and nicely compatible with maximizing Farmers since it at least requires 10 pieces in the top half and 10 in the bottom.

I'd say with a two player game with those goals, at least one of the players should expect to get more than 100. The goal points for the winning player should be 30 + 42 + 20 = 92. All that's needed to top 100 then is 3 castle connections.

How I did it:

I started with the Harbor, but avoided placing by the water. Then I used my Harbor placement to land on the Tower. I had a lucky second (or maybe third) draw of desert, which with a little move down the river connected me to the second Tower. Towers were the only location tile in the game that gave extra houses. At the same time I used my Harbor removal actions to remove my houses that were near the edge, so soon I was able to freely place in a new group with my Tower action. The Paddock was right by the edge of the map, so I grabbed it easily. After that I crawled down the edge of the map with Towers until I got to the last quadrant I hadn't accessed yet.

Then I just placed 5 houses per turn until I ran out (which I did exactly). I used the Harbor and Paddock to adjust to balance among quadrants, occupy every row, and touch castles when I could.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.