darksurtur
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Does anyone know if Publisher Services Inc. is the shipper for this game? I ask because I just got ... umm ... about 260 UPS ship notifications from PSI, only one of which is for me. The only thing I can think of is that this is for D-Day Dice, since I am not expecting anything else and my address is new.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
Lol. I haven't heard anything about notifications.

Did you see one with my name on it?whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Staudt
Germany
Rutesheim
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
darksurtur wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone know if Publisher Services Inc. is the shipper for this game? I ask because I just got ... umm ... about 260 UPS ship notifications from PSI, only one of which is for me. The only thing I can think of is that this is for D-Day Dice, since I am not expecting anything else and my address is new.

You're probably a Line for Life supporter, who get such an incredible amount of product it had to be split into 260 packages.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mercedes (Mandy)
Japan
Setagaya-ku
Tokyo
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Tokyo Game Market here I come!
badge
Sorry if I'm slow in reading mails. I'm currently working hard on some Alley Thieves
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, one of those must be for me as well

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Warren
United Kingdom
Wisbech
CAMBRIDGESHIRE
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Elves are very good at board games, and I'm NOT an elf!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd hate to be the courier coming to your door!

"Here we go mate. 260 copies of D-Day Dice. Must have been a shipping error or something!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
darksurtur
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, anyways, if it IS DDD, perhaps some useful info from the 20 emails or so I did open:

Many East Coast and Midwest orders seem to be slated for delivery on 7/6. Some New England orders are marked as 7/9 or later, as are most West Coast orders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Staudt
Germany
Rutesheim
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
darksurtur wrote:
Hi,

Just to be on the safe side: Those shipping notices went to your email, but the shiping addresses themselves are not all yours?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
darksurtur
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ashman wrote:
darksurtur wrote:
Hi,

Just to be on the safe side: Those shipping notices went to your email, but the shiping addresses themselves are not all yours?

Exactly. I have ~260 shipping notices in my email. All are for different people/addresses. Only one is my address.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. Urza, PhD of Dungeon Crawl
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
darksurtur wrote:
ashman wrote:
darksurtur wrote:
Hi,

Exactly. I have ~260 shipping notices in my email. All are for different people/addresses. Only one is my address.

You live close to me, so when's yours scheduled to arrive?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I was just looking at the kickstarter page and technically there are 325 Line-for-life backers. That includes the multiple copy line for lifers.

Have you contacted Rik about the emails?

Maus

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
darksurtur
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maus wrote:
Well, I was just looking at the kickstarter page and technically there are 325 Line-for-life backers. That includes the multiple copy line for lifers.

Have you contacted Rik about the emails?

Maus

No, as I am not sure these are even for DDD. I have seen at least one name in the emails that match the list of supporters on the KS site, but I was hoping for some sort of confirmation.

I am not a line-for-life supporter, so that shouldn't be it ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lan
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got about 400 notices. After checking for my notice, it does seem like these are for D-Day Dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Baldassar
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's 260 dice individually packaged.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
darksurtur
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lanoman97 wrote:
I got about 400 notices. After checking for my notice, it does seem like these are for D-Day Dice.

400! Worse than me.

I've confirmed some more overlap in supporter names and emails, so I'm sure this is DDD related at this point.

I have three concerns about this:

A) The sheer volume of extra email is annoying, although this is a relatively minor issue.
B) I now have the real names and addresses of some 260 people, who presumably did not want their info shared in this way. And many people possibly have my information, depending on what happened.
C) This means that many people might not get their shipping notices at all, making it impossible for them to track their packages.

Overall, it seems like an easy-to-make error (due to automated processes) but a pretty grievous one (for privacy reasons).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lan
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
darksurtur wrote:

Overall, it seems like an easy-to-make error (due to automated processes) but a pretty grievous one (for privacy reasons).

I agree. I messaged Rik through Kickstarter to give him a heads up about this issue and a link to this thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Waltier
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When is mine arriving?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dana R.
United States
Claremont
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Devotium Popcornicus
mbmbmbmbmb
darksurtur wrote:

B) I now have the real names and addresses of some 260 people, who presumably did not want their info shared in this way.

I'll be expecting a Christmas card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn George
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Open your eyes...
mbmbmbmbmb
darksurtur wrote:
B) I now have the real names and addresses of some 260 people, who presumably did not want their info shared in this way. And many people possibly have my information, depending on what happened.

I don't mind as long as you pass along my tracking number to me

FWIW, I have yet to receive any emails.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kennedy Gerber
United States
West Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Putts wrote:

Same here!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Miller
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
baronkohinar wrote:
Putts wrote:

Same here!

Ditto.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's the thing I was worried about, that I wouldn't get my shipping notification in case something happened to the package. I would definitely like to know if I'm on one of the lists, but the possibility of my personal info being sent out in such a fashion is making me worry.

Although a Christmas card would be nice.

Maus

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Wheal
United States
Kosse
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well crap... my ups driver is new, and can't tell which of the two houses on our road I live in...

Do you have my shipping notice... ?

btw.. I'm not that fussed about a Christmas card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lindy Castro
United States
Wyoming
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe it is your job, no sir, your DUTY to forward those e-mails. Come on man, up the cliffs!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe F.
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So which carrier is bringing the games in the US? Postal, UPS, Fed Ex? Need to know to who to look forwhistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn George
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Open your eyes...
mbmbmbmbmb
Nordiska wrote:
So which carrier is bringing the games in the US? Postal, UPS, Fed Ex? Need to know to who to look forwhistle

The first post says UPS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.