Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim fulner
United States
Berkley
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I'm going to guess I already know the answer to this, but is anyone trying to develop a Mobile Version of BGG, either a mobile app or a mobile version of the website?

I often game when I'm not at home and it would be nice to be able to log my plays as they occur, often by the time i get home I forget the details, or sometimes its weeks later before I remember to log at all. Unfortunately the desktop version of the sight is difficult to add info to from my Android phone, though this is not the case for all website, I think its related to the way the pop-ups for adding info show up.

I understand its difficult and probably not profitable, but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Leppo
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fulner wrote:
So I'm going to guess I already know the answer to this, but is anyone trying to develop a Mobile Version of BGG, either a mobile app or a mobile version of the website?

I often game when I'm not at home and it would be nice to be able to log my plays as they occur, often by the time i get home I forget the details, or sometimes its weeks later before I remember to log at all. Unfortunately the desktop version of the sight is difficult to add info to from my Android phone, though this is not the case for all website, I think its related to the way the pop-ups for adding info show up.

I understand its difficult and probably not profitable, but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask.

Try this:

http://tinyurl.com/cgahotz

It won't do everything but logging plays, finding rules, and discussion on rules is pretty quick with the iOS app. I haven't tried the other versions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Pizio
United States
Fall River
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Another year, another support drive, another silly Over text
badge
Which way to the nearest cliff?
mbmbmbmbmb
There is an unofficial BGG app for Android that allows logging of plays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josiah Fiscus
United States
Pittsburgh (Monroeville)
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
spizio wrote:
There is an unofficial BGG app for Android that allows logging of plays.

I use it all the time. It lets you look at rankings and stuff too. Pretty handy if you are in a store browsing games and want more info. The drawback with the play logging is you can't have it post to twitter like you can here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim fulner
United States
Berkley
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I find nothing in the Google Play Store and when I try that Google that For me Link. I just find a bunch of really old stuff that won't load to me phone

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Pizio
United States
Fall River
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Another year, another support drive, another silly Over text
badge
Which way to the nearest cliff?
mbmbmbmbmb
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.boardgameg...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim fulner
United States
Berkley
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK that worked, I tried seaching for "BGG Mobile" and "Board Game Geek" neither of which brought this up. Now that I installed via Link if I search for BGG or BoardGameGeek it works. Oh welll. Thanks Guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
col_w
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
mb
You can also try http://minibgg.com/, or one of the other recommendations from the BGG Mobile wiki page.

Previous threads on this that include more details on apps/sites:

Make BGG more mobile device friendly (by tedhkim)
minibgg.com - BGG for mobile phones (by beefsack)
Any plan for an Iphone/mobile optimized bgg website ? (by jarjar26)
34/48 13-08-11 Ideas for a mobile version of the site (by dakarp)
mobile.boardgamegeek.com (by personwholives)
BGG Android App (by Skotte)
Mobile CSS (by haslo)
08/17 06-06-12 Suggestion: support Tapatalk or some other mobile forum browsing software (by peterb12)
Creation of BGG iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch/Android app (by FloraJL)
Mobile version? (by noddingoff)
iPhone version of BGG? (by dlewis2) (status: noted)
Size of "Next Subscription Item" button (by galfridus) (status: noted)
06/09 04-11-11 Mobile version of BGG (by FLo711) (status: will be implemented)
00/02 04-12-11 bgg mobile website address, blackberry app? (by basm22) (status: workarounds available)
06/07 19-12-11 Mobile Version (by Razmus) (status: noted)
00/04 07-02-12 Taptalk for the BGG (by shieldwolf) (status: noted)
06/18 31-05-12 BGG wins the award for world's smallest icons (by dcorban)

In particular, Aldie has said that an official mobile BGG will be worked on after the site redesign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.