Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Winford
United States
Fairbanks
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the 3rd Edition, and these leaders are not in my Age III deck. Are they in earlier editions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Engelstein
United States
Bridgewater
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
Pit Crew avaialble now! The Expanse coming in October!
badge
Ludology Host and Dice Tower Contributor
mbmbmbmbmb
Due to IP issues they were changed to the generic 'Game Designer', 'Rock and Roll Star' and something else. Tesla, maybe?

Geoff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nacho Facello
Uruguay
Montevideo
Montevideo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
engelstein wrote:
Due to IP issues they were changed to the generic 'Game Designer', 'Rock and Roll Star' and something else. Tesla, maybe?

Geoff

Yes, Tesla.

My edition has Alex Randolph instead of Game Designer (I think a previous edition had Game Designer). I still have Rock & Roll Icon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fading Captain wrote:
I have the 3rd Edition, and these leaders are not in my Age III deck. Are they in earlier editions?

They are only in the original 500 (I believe) copy printing by CBG. If you are a big fan of this game, I strongly recommend you track out a copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Winford
United States
Fairbanks
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarification. Bummer that these were taken out of later editions. Especially Elvis and Meier, as these hark back to the original Civ computer game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Fading Captain wrote:
Thanks for the clarification. Bummer that these were taken out of later editions. Especially Elvis and Meier, as these hark back to the original Civ computer game.

Yes I agree. I suspect they got an IP warning though so had little choice. It also means fewer US sourced leaders, are there any? (Maybe Alex Randolph)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Schroth
United States
Middletown
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Halfinger wrote:
Fading Captain wrote:

Yes I agree. I suspect they got an IP warning though so had little choice.

Well, they could have said "Go fuck yourself", and refused to be bullied since the complainers did not have even a shred of a valid case. But it's certainly easier to let bullies push you around than to stand up to them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I highly doubt any claims were made by anyone. The company was likely being overly cautious. It is unfortunate that the game suffers for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Schroth
United States
Middletown
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Imagine if all publishers were so lame.

1960: The Making of the President. Enjoy this great thematic struggle as players take on the roles of "Iconic Presidential Candidate" and "Opponent".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nacho Facello
Uruguay
Montevideo
Montevideo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dcorban wrote:
I highly doubt any claims were made by anyone. The company was likely being overly cautious. It is unfortunate that the game suffers for it.

In particular, I really suspect that if they had asked Sid Meier he would have agreed to have his image there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Phillips
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nachof wrote:
dcorban wrote:

In particular, I really suspect that if they had asked Sid Meier he would have agreed to have his image there.

It's possible he would have had to say no, as his name is part of a Firaxis trademark. And the Elvis estate is (in)famous for suing on IP issues. They might not have bothered with a little game publisher, but neither would the little publisher have been able to absorb the hit if they had.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nacho Facello
Uruguay
Montevideo
Montevideo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fortuna wrote:
nachof wrote:
dcorban wrote:

It's possible he would have had to say no, as his name is part of a Firaxis trademark. And the Elvis estate is (in)famous for suing on IP issues. They might not have bothered with a little game publisher, but neither would the little publisher have been able to absorb the hit if they had.

Hm, good point about the trademark. Anyway, I wonder if they did ask first, or they just decided it was too risky.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.