Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This Sunday night, the Destination America TV channel opens a 3 part series entitled "The United States of Bacon" where a chef travels the country to discover it's best bacon based foods. Oh, the humanity.cry

Actually, that might be a good time for Aldie to shut BGG down for maintenance.whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Really what is it about bacon?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:

From what I've read on here, my guess is that BGGers probably lead the universe in per capita consumption of bacon. I used to love bacon before I turned from the dark side of being a carnivore - but I must admit that whenever my wife cooks bacon, I need an intervention to avoid a return.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Orangemoose wrote:
slatersteven wrote:

From what I've read on here, my guess is that BGGers probably lead the universe in per capita consumption of bacon. I used to love bacon before I turned from the dark side of being a carnivore - but I must admit that whenever my wife cooks bacon, I need an intervention to avoid a return.

That explains the love handles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm afraid I have opened the thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dowdy
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:

For me, part of it of course is I love the taste, but another part of bacon's charm is its versatility. Most meats are pretty straightforward, they are either the sole or primary ingredient of a meal's entree. Bacon, however, refuses to be typecast.

Bacon you can eat straight, but it doesn't hog the limelight, it goes along with your eggs or pancakes or whatever to make the breakfast as a whole yummy. You can put bacon bits on a salad or baked potato like some kind of condiment. You can put it on a sandwich as either the sole meat (BLT) or to compliment the flavor of another meat (bacon cheeseburger, club sandwich). You can wrap it around the best cut of steak to make it even better. You can put it in with various types of beans to enhance the flavor and annoy vegetarians. It can even be a dessert (chocolate covered bacon, Burger King bacon sundae, etc.).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Corodon wrote:
it doesn't hog the limelight

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.