Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lucas Monahan
United States
Marion
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When you move your architect, you activate 3 passive workers. If you only have enough to activate 1 or 2, then are you allowed to take a placed worker from a zone of power to your hand? I know the rules don't address this, but a ruling would be nice.

I know you lose the point during scoring, but active workers can be quite scarce. The second to last action I was able to do during the end of the 2nd century was move my architect, and I was only able to activate 2 workers. On my last turn of century 2 I could only place my 2 workers on a building that enabled me an extra action of placing 2 more passive workers (which I had none), so I simply placed a worker on a zone of power. I personally would rather have the flexibility entering the next century with more workers in hand, or the option of placing on a 3worker building, than the 1 point during scoring. Now to add insult to injury, the event card for the 3rd century was 1812- only activate 2 workers when starting a new building with your architect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Believe the rules address this directly:
When a player activates workers but does not have
enough in his supply, he activates as many as he has available in his supply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Monahan
United States
Marion
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
well sure- if you want to look at it that way
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Lemay
Canada
Montréal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
skidmark wrote:
When you move your architect, you activate 3 passive workers. If you only have enough to activate 1 or 2, then are you allowed to take a placed worker from a zone of power to your hand? I know the rules don't address this, but a ruling would be nice.

I know you lose the point during scoring, but active workers can be quite scarce. The second to last action I was able to do during the end of the 2nd century was move my architect, and I was only able to activate 2 workers. On my last turn of century 2 I could only place my 2 workers on a building that enabled me an extra action of placing 2 more passive workers (which I had none), so I simply placed a worker on a zone of power. I personally would rather have the flexibility entering the next century with more workers in hand, or the option of placing on a 3worker building, than the 1 point during scoring. Now to add insult to injury, the event card for the 3rd century was 1812- only activate 2 workers when starting a new building with your architect.

In the official rules, you can't take back workers from power zones in your active zone. Planning your worker supply in end of centuries was one of the strategic aspects we wanted to keep.

But if you want to make it a house rule, feel free!

Comet
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philippe Beaudoin
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I should add: we played with a rule like this to address the situation you mention, but in the end felt it was relatively rare and could be avoided with some planning (easier after you've played a couple of games ) So we thought it was not worth the significant added rule complexity...

Thanks for the comment!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Monahan
United States
Marion
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replies. In the game I had played, I felt my hands were tied. After considering your comments, I see some tactical planning at that point in the game would be beneficial. Also, I see my "house rules" would seem a bit hokey. I am loving this game right now and look for ward to my next play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.