Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Ramundi
Canada
Cornwall
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's an article I found on Tric Trac and another article on jedisjeux giving a basic overview of the game and the planned release schedule. They are both in French, but Google Translate will give you a good enough understanding, I think.

For those of you who can speak French, you may want to check out these videos on Tric Trac. The first gives an overview of the game and the second is an interview with the designer which also goes into detail about the game and takes a closer look at the cards. There is also now a third video in which a sample game takes place (from what I understand).

(Additional information, photographs, and artwork can be found on the game's Facebook page as well.)

Sounds really interesting so far. I'm anxious to get a peak at the rule book. Hopefully that can happen soon*.

I was thinking of getting Summoner Wars this Christmas, but this might be a happy alternative since my potential opponents already own vast Summoner Wars collections; I may as well bring something new to the gaming table.

*Rules now available

EDIT (09/07/2012): Added jedisjeux link. Added link to Facebook page.

EDIT (14/07/2012): Added video link.

EDIT (16/07/2012): Added second video link.

EDIT (18/07/2012): Added third video link.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan " ; " Czop
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Game Overview

I agree. I look forward to seeing more of this game as it is released. I eagerly anticipate a video review to decide if it will be a good fit for my collection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas King
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, I assumed a thread called "Game Overview" would actually have a game overview, not link to one that needs translating . You couldn't at least include the translation in your post?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laszlo Stadler
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
Live long and prosper!
mbmbmbmbmb
Montag451 wrote:
Sorry, I assumed a thread called "Game Overview" would actually have a game overview, not link to one that needs translating . You couldn't at least include the translation in your post?

Google translate is not that hard to use.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Ramundi
Canada
Cornwall
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Montag451 wrote:
You're welcome. shake

But, there you go--I changed the thread title to avoid confusion. I won't include a translation in my post, however. It's unnecessary and Tric Trac deserves, at the very least, the traffic for providing this information.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas King
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Game Overview on Tric Trac
I was only messing

Though, adding the website to the title actually was a good idea, as it draws more attention to the site the article came from (which, as you stated, was part of your intent ).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
haqattaqq .
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
Here's the google translation (no images, i'm lazy):

Mythic Announces Play & Win Battles

The miniatures game without miniatures

Here is a novelty that will speak to fans of war games whether on paper or with little men lead. Yes I know this is a long time that the lead has disappeared from figurines to keep us going for a walk on saturn. But you see, this is like the term "cross in the nails", although the famous nails seem to do their reappearance in uptown. And stop interrupting me for a yes or no, I have a game to show you! Play & Win is a new editor to be distributed by Iello. "Mythic Battles", their first game will take us in a mythical ancient Greece and full of proud warriors and fantastic creatures who will compete in battles. "Mythic Battles" is a kind of card-driven in the sense that the game consists mainly of maps on which you'll discover the characteristics of each unit, the Command cards and other features.

The battlefield will be to him when represented by checkered plates and troops by the chips. The card interest, is that a unit is represented by a deck of cards. The top card representing the current characteristics. If the unit takes damage, remove one or more cards revealing the new features inevitably diminished. Each unit also has a set of cards that is specific maneuver.

Get involved they said ...

The early game begins with recruitment. We have 100 points to spend. Each unit has a cost and we must take a minimum 5 and maximum 10. The units are defined by their name and color, it is forbidden to take two of the same name AND the same color.
Similarly, some units are called legendary and can not be recruited only one copy.

Go to the pre

We then go to the deployment of troops. Each General will place the units engaged one by one in the deployment area. Before him, every package is tidy order uncrossed vitality. A package of picks is formed by mixing all the cards maneuvers of its units and 20 special cards Art of War. Each General then draws 7 cards.

How do you win?

This is war my dear lady! If your enemy sees his army reduced to three units you will win the victory.

In the attack!

Each general in turn can activiter unit of their choice, at least if it has a corresponding card in hand maneuver.
A unit may move and attack. Some troops may fly through the air and some can attack from a distance.

The fights are resolved with dice. The attacker throws as many dice as the value of its characteristic attack. It must must equal or exceed the defense value of the unit attacked. But this is not a crude jet. Dice will give you a score of 0-5. the 0: it is cooked! The die is lost. 1 to 4 you can choose to remove the die which allows you to give one to die of your choice. Finally, a 5 can be revived (value 5 is stored). Each sum equaling or exceeding the value of defense inflicts damage. A damage removes the first card from the deck of the unit. It will be destroyed when it will lose its last card. It is possible to enable several units at the same time but this will require discard as many cards Art of War in his hand. Further actions are still possible, both during around the opposing player (against attack, defense, ...) only during your turn (management of cards from his hand, draws special trade).

In addition to those figures, the units each have special talents. These talents will be effective under certain conditions and they have a fuel: the power points. You possess a reserve in the early game and it may be possible to win the game for their use is an important part of the game Through its system, one can easily imagine that if the game encounters enough followers, new units will be added to the armies of the basic box. The game should be published this summer. It will be presented at Gencon. Let's say late August or early September to avoid unpleasant surprises. "Mythic Battles" a set of Benedict Vogt Illustrated by Loïc Muzy Published by Play & Win 2-4 For general from 10 years Estimated time: 1 hour Available in late summer 2012. We do not yet know the price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blair
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like Summoner Wars, reminds me of Memoir 44 at times too but hopefully a little more payoff. Mythic Greece has me very interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Ramundi
Canada
Cornwall
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Found another small article on jedisjeux.

The last part is particularly interesting. From what I understand, the base game is coming out in September, with two (mini) expansions coming in October and November respectively. A new starter set will launch in early 2013 featuring two new factions.

Also, it says that, at some point, they plan to release an upgrade pack to replace the unit tokens with (plastic) figures.

Sounds really cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benoit VOGT
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Hi Guys, I am the author of Mythic Battles. Do not hesitate to ask if you have questions about the game. I hope you will enjoy it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Ramundi
Canada
Cornwall
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Benoit0905 wrote:
Hi Guys, I am the author of Mythic Battles. Do not hesitate to ask if you have questions about the game. I hope you will enjoy it
Could you provide a breakdown of the unit cards? In other words, how many units ship with the base game?

[If there is an average of 5 HP per unit, it would allow for 29 units.]

How many units can we expect in each expansion?

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benoit VOGT
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
designer
mb
There will be 34 Units in the base game. 10 of them will be in three samples (but with different pictures). 4 Units will be Legend and there is only one sample of them. HP of base game Units will be between 2 and 8.

I do not know yet if we will release 2 small or one big expansion by the end of the year. But in total it will represent 11 different units. Among them, there will be 5 Legends.

I confirm there should be a new expansion beginning of 2013 with two new armies. All armies will regularly get new Units.

There is a Mythic Battles contest coming up on BoardGameGeek. Furthermore our website is coming up in a few weeks. You will learn more about the game very soon!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Benoit0905 wrote:

Hi there! I have a question about availability. The (translated) article said: "The game should be published this summer. It will be presented at Gencon. Let's say late August or early September to avoid unpleasant surprises."

So it sounds like it will not be available for purchase at GenCon, but just for display and demonstration. Is that correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benoit VOGT
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Yes you are correct Mythic Battles will be at GenCon for display. A few samples may be available for sale. The game will be in store by the end of August in the States.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Ramundi
Canada
Cornwall
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure how I missed this before, but the Mythic Battles Facebook page has a link to a video on Tric Trac that seems to give a fairly detailed overview of the game play: http://www.trictrac.tv/video-mythic-battle-mais-qu-est-ce-do...

If you can speak French, a transcript would be greatly appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Blair46 wrote:
Looks like Summoner Wars, reminds me of Memoir 44 at times too but hopefully a little more payoff. Mythic Greece has me very interested.

I love Summoner Wars, but I'm not really much of a fan of Memoirs '44. This has more going on than either of them. It definitely will be deeper than either. My list of 2012 games to buy is done so this will be a wait and see how well it does. I guess one thing I don't "get" is winning after you reduce your opponent down to three units. It would make more sense if it were all units, or a specific unit. A battle between 3 and 4 units is still close.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Rouse
United States
Thibodaux
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is war my dear lady!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.