Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Games stores in DC and Raleigh? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zack Boatman
United States
Tesuque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
I'll be traveling to Raleigh and DC in a couple of weeks.
Looking for some good game stores in both cities.
Thanks in advance.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B May
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a fun little game shop right up by Capitol Hill off the Eastern Market Metro Station (blue line) called Labyrinth http://www.labyrinthgameshop.com/

Enjoy your trip!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Nicholas
United States
Wake Forest
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
As for Raleigh, you should check out Game Theory (disclaimer: I am one of the owners, but it really is a fantastic store )
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff King
United States
Annandale
Virginia
flag msg tools
Avatar
The Game Parlor in Chantilly has a lot of tables for gaming. Saturdays you can almost always find some people to play with. Monday and Tuesday nights are also pretty good game nights. The Game Parlor's boardgame inventory is less than great.

Victory Comics and The Compleat Strategist (both in Falls Church) are smaller but have pretty good game selections.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I made one visit here while touring through Carey, NC:

http://www.allfunngames.com/

a significant feature:
"Get 20% off EVERYTHING in the store - and we mean everything!"


Locally to me I am adding encouragement for

http://gameparlor.com/

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Sommer
United States
Racine
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bmay100 wrote:
There is a fun little game shop right up by Capitol Hill off the Eastern Market Metro Station (blue line) called Labyrinth http://www.labyrinthgameshop.com/

Enjoy your trip!


Just stopped in there today, as a matter of fact. It's a nice store with a wide range of puzzles, children's "thinky" toys, games, and a game library/tables.

Sadly, both of the things I wanted were missing-- first, the two employees there at the time hadn't even heard of the Dominion Base Cards set, and they had just sold out of the last copy of Friday apparently. Not sure if I should hold that against them.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B May
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
SommerMatt wrote:
bmay100 wrote:
There is a fun little game shop right up by Capitol Hill off the Eastern Market Metro Station (blue line) called Labyrinth http://www.labyrinthgameshop.com/

Enjoy your trip!


Just stopped in there today, as a matter of fact. It's a nice store with a wide range of puzzles, children's "thinky" toys, games, and a game library/tables.

Sadly, both of the things I wanted were missing-- first, the two employees there at the time hadn't even heard of the Dominion Base Cards set, and they had just sold out of the last copy of Friday apparently. Not sure if I should hold that against them.


That's a bummer! I haven't been there in the past year since we moved out west, but they used to have whatever game I was looking for. I know in the past they didn't carry more than 2-3 copies of each game so I can understand how they could be out of something. Sorry you didn't find what you wanted there!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
darksurtur
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Labyrinth is really the only easily Metro-accessible game store in the DC area (probably due to the extraordinarily high commercial rental prices). The next best is Dream Wizards, a long (roughly a mile) walk from White Flint.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Sommer
United States
Racine
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bmay100 wrote:
SommerMatt wrote:
bmay100 wrote:
There is a fun little game shop right up by Capitol Hill off the Eastern Market Metro Station (blue line) called Labyrinth http://www.labyrinthgameshop.com/

Enjoy your trip!


Just stopped in there today, as a matter of fact. It's a nice store with a wide range of puzzles, children's "thinky" toys, games, and a game library/tables.

Sadly, both of the things I wanted were missing-- first, the two employees there at the time hadn't even heard of the Dominion Base Cards set, and they had just sold out of the last copy of Friday apparently. Not sure if I should hold that against them.


That's a bummer! I haven't been there in the past year since we moved out west, but they used to have whatever game I was looking for. I know in the past they didn't carry more than 2-3 copies of each game so I can understand how they could be out of something. Sorry you didn't find what you wanted there!


Yeah, it was a bummer... but it's just one of those things. I don't blame a B&M store for not having everything-- there's a ton of overhead in keeping multiple copies of so many games in stock. Unfortunately, I have no other choice now but to buy online.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.