United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Fez.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: CoolStuffInc's 4th of July (2012) Sale
Inside sources tell me off the record that the Leonardo da Vinci sale price might last beyond 7/4/12.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
flakybiscuit
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: CoolStuffInc's 4th of July (2012) Sale
Weak sauce. I was hoping for an actual sale from them today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
FezAZ wrote:
Inside sources tell me off the record that the Leonardo da Vinci sale price might last beyond 7/4/12.

someday I'm hoping they surprise us and bump the price back up... so those of us who bought extra copies for trade fodder when it was a hot deal at $16 can try to unload them without a loss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph
United States
Ewing
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Christmas Card Exchange: 2009 - 2014
badge
I play at EPGS on the 1st and 3rd Saturday of the month and if you live in Eastern PA, Western NJ or Northern DE ... you should too!
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:
FezAZ wrote:

someday I'm hoping they surprise us and bump the price back up... so those of us who bought extra copies for trade fodder when it was a hot deal at $16 can try to unload them without a loss

You can always dollar cost average ... If you buy the same number at $10.00 ... then your average cost is only $13.

You're that much closer to break even.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
ElCid91 wrote:
JeffyJeff wrote:
FezAZ wrote:

You can always dollar cost average ... If you buy the same number at $10.00 ... then your average cost is only $13.

already tried price averaging... here's my private notes

"My original copy I paid $26.33 from cardhaus on 2006-11-20. Found another copy I bought from newspiel.com on 2008-02-13 for $24.75! I also bought 2 more copies from cardhaus on 2007-11-29 for $26.33 each, and then 10 more from coolstuff on 2008-06-06 for $15 each!"

I'd have to buy an awful lot to price average down to $13!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph
United States
Ewing
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Christmas Card Exchange: 2009 - 2014
badge
I play at EPGS on the 1st and 3rd Saturday of the month and if you live in Eastern PA, Western NJ or Northern DE ... you should too!
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:
ElCid91 wrote:
JeffyJeff wrote:
FezAZ wrote:

"My original copy I paid $26.33 from cardhaus on 2006-11-20. Found another copy I bought from newspiel.com on 2008-02-13 for $24.75! I also bought 2 more copies from cardhaus on 2007-11-29 for $26.33 each, and then 10 more from coolstuff on 2008-06-06 for $15 each!"

Ohh, I see. You would need 24 copies at $9.99 to hit $13 ($12.98) I think even the most hard core gamer would say 38 copies of one game is a bit much.

On the other hand, you would get free shipping. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glauco Micsik Roberti
Brazil
Sao Paulo
SP
flag msg tools
publisher
Berserkr Jogos
badge
Berserkr Jogos
mbmbmbmbmb
ElCid91 wrote:
JeffyJeff wrote:
ElCid91 wrote:
JeffyJeff wrote:
FezAZ wrote:

Ohh, I see. You would need 24 copies at $9.99 to hit $13 ($12.98) I think even the most hard core gamer would say 38 copies of one game is a bit much.

On the other hand, you would get free shipping. whistle

What you should do, obviously, is buying every single copy available, thus creating a shortage and increased prices. ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Massey
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very disappointing "Sale" from them. When I received the "Sale" email from them on the 3rd, I was expecting them to offer more than just adding a couple of games (Uncharted and Lord of the Rings: Nazgul) to their normal sale page. How about 7.04% off all games or something similar.

And yes, I have owned Leonardo Da Vinci for 4 years and have never played it. But it only cost $9.99!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Bender
United States
New River
Arizona
flag msg tools
Rebellion to Tyrants is Obedience to God
mbmbmbmbmb
GrantAZ wrote:
Very disappointing "Sale" from them. When I received the "Sale" email from them on the 3rd, I was expecting them to offer more than just adding a couple of games (Uncharted and Lord of the Rings: Nazgul) to their normal sale page. How about 7.04% off all games or something similar.

And yes, I have owned Leonardo Da Vinci for 4 years and have never played it. But it only cost $9.99!!!

I played Da Vinci once and it was okay, but a little bland.

EDIT: I was also disappointed in this sale.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a good reason that they can't unload these @ $10 each.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
aaron belmer
United States
Webster Groves
St Louis
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like Leonardo daVinci!

What I didn't like rhymed with Lord of the Rings Nazgul.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Bender
United States
New River
Arizona
flag msg tools
Rebellion to Tyrants is Obedience to God
mbmbmbmbmb
darthhugo wrote:
There is a good reason that they can't unload these @ $10 each.

I don't think we were looking for $10 games, but merely a wider variety of games on sale.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay Blankenship
United States
Owens Cross Roads
AL
flag msg tools
designer
badge
That's a moray!
mbmbmbmbmb
How did you find that? I got the email, but I couldn't find the sale. I still don't see it on the front page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.