Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cyril TALBOT
France
CHATILLON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought the japanese version but there was no english rules in it.:( Is it possible to get a scan of the original rules? Thanks by advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike D
Thailand
Bangkok
Please choose a state
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Cyril,
Interesting that there was a Japanese version! Same cover art?
I got you covered for rules, check your pm shortly.

- Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cyril TALBOT
France
CHATILLON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you. The game was inside RPGamer japanese magazine so no specific cover art. Just a manga-style comic inside related to the game but ... in japanese. Are you interested in it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike D
Thailand
Bangkok
Please choose a state
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting.. I found the RPGamer website for this copy of the magazine: http://www.kokusaig.co.jp/RPG/rpgamer08.html

These guys seem to be reprinting a bunch of old classics as issue games. I see GDW Traveler games (Mayday and Dark Nebula) as well as some Ares-SPI (Barbarian Kings).

Sure wouldn't mind taking a look at the bug-eyed comic. I can read a little Japanese.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cyril TALBOT
France
CHATILLON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry but my images have been dismissed by admin :(. Give me an Email address to send you the scans. And could you try to translate one paragraph of the rules (the one concerning the 2 new counters)that is missing in the original ones? By the way I uploaded 3 images.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Carper
Japan
flag msg tools
From a slightly larger scan I found, it looks like the reprint is as the original except for the additional Bush and Schwarzenegger counters, with the manga style females as alternatives to the also included original style counters? The map is too small to be sure, but just looks like an untranslated reprint.

I had assumed they redid all the counter art. Given where some of that goes in Japan, perhaps just as well they didn't . . .

The ad makes a point of mentioning that the artist is Hayami Rasenjin. Doesn't ring any bells, but he has an entry here on BGG for game art, so perhaps he's well-known in that community.

By the way, what does the "C" notation on some of the counters mean?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark J
United States
Monroe
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
"C" means "church officer". Church officers have the keys to the church and so can ring the church bell to warn the town of the alien invasion.

Other notations on units are:

"V" for veteran. Can fire the bazooka.

"D" for Democrat. No one believes them if they try to spread a warning.

"F" for member of the fire department. They can sound the fire alarm to warn the town.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Cothran
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the English PDF of the rules to this game, GM me if you need it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.