Popular Tags: [View All]
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
You should set up your own collection on your profile so we can see what you own and how you rate them. (go to any game you own - scroll down to add user info - set status to own. Then on your profile page BGG will add a collection option.)

Make sure you pick up For Sale - perfect filler!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Larsen
United States
Salt Lake City
UT
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 to Liam's comments on updating your collection.

On Yomi: I like it, but unfortunately it doesn't get played much. It may be a filler once players know how to play it, but it has enough of a learning curve that I wouldn't consider it an ideal filler game. Filler games should be explainable in a matter of a minute or two. Yomi takes longer than that for me.

I've never even heard of the other games you've listed, so I can't comment on them.

FWIW, here are my favorite dice fillers:

King of Tokyo
Ra: The Dice Game
Dice Town

My favorite card-playing fillers are these:

Battle Line
+1 For Sale - Liam is right again. For Sale could be described as the perfect filler. It does everything right for this category, IMO. And even though it only has rules for 3-6 players, there are solid variants for 1 and 2 players:

For $olitaire
Simple 2 Player Variant

Good luck and have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Wilkinson
United States
New Castle
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
When asking "What would Jesus do?", remember that flipping over tables and using a whip are within the realm of possibilities.
mbmbmbmbmb
IMO the best 4 fillers are

1. For Sale

2. No Thanks!

3. That's Life! (best 2 player filler but scales well to 4, I personally have not played this with more)

4. Coloretto

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Garnica
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While I +1 For Sale, I find High Society to have more meaningful decisions involved. Also, be sure to check out a little game called Botswana, especially if you like the sorts of clever scoring-"twists" that come with Knizia games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Douglass
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While I like Yomi, I don't think of it as a filler. It takes a while for people to pick up on the strategy. It can be explained quickly, and the rules are fairly simple, but people don't immediately pick up on the hand management. Flash Duel is simpler, and easier to explain. I think Yomi is the better game, but Flash Duel is more of a filler. Personally, I prefer BattleCON to either of them, but 1v1 BattleCON isn't really a filler (the experienced player will probably crush the inexperienced player). I haven't tried it with 3 or 4 players, but it is supposed to be more of a filler when played 2v1, 3v1, 2v2, or free for all. If you are teaching someone BattleCON 1v1, have them play Cadenza and tell them to not use Clockwork and Press together (at least in the early game).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Beachler
United States
Woodburn
OR
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tsuro is a good little filler that can kill 10 minutes or so.
Blokus is a good filler game as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Parker
United States
Aggieland
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
You're only young once...but you can be immature the rest of your life!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Good filler and works well as something to play while waiting for others to show up. Easy for new arrivals to join in and play.

Ricochet Robots
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gamer 2012
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
1)either dragon dice, dice age or dice land.
2) Either yomi ,deadly harmony or battlecon
3) brawl OR fightball

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.