Subject: A New Hope? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmb
Last month on Twitter, Capes & Cowls creator Robin Spriggs responded to an inquiry from 8th Summit:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Basham
United States
Brownsville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
I quit!
badge
mbmb
Verily, this news 'tis truly momentous, and I fear I am so excited at the sight of it that I may spill forth into my pantaloons in a manner most unbecoming of a gentleman!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Barlow
United States
Unspecified
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If 8th Summit managed to get a reprint of C&C in the pipeline, I'd be so grateful I'd buy every other game they released until the end of time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Benny Golson - Groovin' with Golson
badge
Fall Back Down When I Die - Joe Wilkins
mbmbmbmbmb
smurfodeth wrote:
Sploosh!

We're adults on this board, Smurf. I'm not a prude, but I think your post fails to meet even the minimum standards for class. Show a little respect, please.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Color me surprised! I'm not going to hold my breath, however. I've never understood the creators lack of interest in his own game. At least a first step has been taken. How many more before a reprint?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope this happens! I'd love to own a nice copy of this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Steinhauser
United States
San Antonio
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Multicron wrote:
If 8th Summit managed to get a reprint of C&C in the pipeline, I'd be so grateful I'd buy every other game they released until the end of time.

That would still be cheaper than trying to buy it on ebay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Allen
United States
Madison
Alabama
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sphere wrote:
smurfodeth wrote:
Sploosh!

We're adults on this board, Smurf. I'm not a prude, but I think your post fails to meet even the minimum standards for class. Show a little respect, please.

I agree with Smurf - SPLOOSH! goo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas S
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder why Stronghold did not approach him? hmmm. Maybe they were not aware of this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Duglis wrote:
I wonder why Stronghold did not approach him? hmmm. Maybe they were not aware of this game.

I know that at least one other publisher has approached him in the past, probably multiple publishers. One in particular had trouble getting any response whatsoever, so 8th Summit is already ahead of the game in that regard.

There was similar buzz about a year ago when Spriggs indicated he was open to a reprint. Who knows what will happen?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FlyingArrow wrote:
Duglis wrote:

I know that at least one other publisher has approached him in the past, probably multiple publishers. One in particular had trouble getting any response whatsoever, so 8th Summit is already ahead of the game in that regard.

There was similar buzz about a year ago when Spriggs indicated he was open to a reprint. Who knows what will happen?

That is exactly my point. A point that you and many others jumped on my case about saying. shake The fact that he has come to the surface in the last year(?) is news to me and the latest news that he actually responded is a shocker. I am certainly happy about that, but I still do not change my opinion that he pretty did not give much "care" to his game over the last few years. Is it that hard for him to respond? I was under the impression he pretty much ignored any requests to talk or inquire about it. Somehow that upset you that I brought it up. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDarkKnight wrote:
FlyingArrow wrote:

That is exactly my point. A point that you and many others jumped on my case about saying. ... Somehow that upset you that I brought it up. whistle

It didn't upset me in the least.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FlyingArrow wrote:
TheDarkKnight wrote:
FlyingArrow wrote:

That is exactly my point. A point that you and many others jumped on my case about saying. ... Somehow that upset you that I brought it up. whistle

Interesting that you decided to "jump" in on something that had nothing to do with you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas S
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDarkKnight wrote:

Interesting that you decided to "jump" in on something that had nothing to do with you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
mbmbmbmb
TheDarkKnight wrote:
FlyingArrow wrote:
TheDarkKnight wrote:
FlyingArrow wrote:

I think that the one thread is probably more than enough for that particular argument.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Loblah
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mb
tumorous wrote:
I think that the one thread is probably more than enough for that particular argument.

Agreed. Good news about the Tweet, though. Hopefully something comes of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. Love
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

This is really great news, that Robin Spriggs has repiled to a a potential about C&C coming back.

I for one hope against hope that this DOES happen -- as I want to play the game with my kids and grandkids. I am also one of the many bidders on ebay when the game makes an appearance and, almost ashamed to say I've bid quite alot for the opportunity to get a copy but have yet to win one.

I wish a new printing will happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ferejohn
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
Pitying fools as hard as I can...
mbmbmbmbmb
Sphere wrote:
smurfodeth wrote:
Sploosh!

I think what you mean to say is: "phrasing!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland W. est. 1984
Germany
Deutschland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Barlow
United States
Unspecified
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did anything ever happen with this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Multicron wrote:
Did anything ever happen with this?

Nope. Robin Spriggs continues to accept proposals, see: https://twitter.com/OGReilly/status/512483580338266112

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.