Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig Hebert
United States
Goodlettsville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the artwork much more on the European versions of the game that never made it into English. Are there any differences between the various European versions - any particular one better than the other?

Also, knowing rather little about the game other than an overview, is the game language independent after a few plays? Are the roles somewhat self explanatory?

Thanks in advance
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Miller
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't speak for the differences in versions, but regarding language independence, you can get through most of the game without language issues.

You might have to learn a few key words, like Wald=forest for instance, since those words aren't printed on the landscape tiles (you can just match building names without knowing what they are).

You might run into some difficulties with the Bonus and Prestige cards. Knowing some key words (most, at least, Jester, Builder, Landscape, &c.) would get you by with most of them, but there'd be a few with which you'd probably struggle. For them, I'd just suggest printing out a sheet of the cards with English translations (there's one in every rulebook, so if there's not already an image of them here on BGG, anyone could just scan those pages for you).

I'm not sure what "roles" you're talking about. If you mean profession cards, then yes, they'd be self-explanatory. If you mean the extra cards in the expansion, those would most likely require some translation.

--ElSoy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Seb. ●leoskyangel●
Malaysia
Bangsar & PJ
flag msg tools
badge
I play games not to win, it's the gathering that's important - Thanks for the tip Cate108!
mbmbmbmbmb
The English 2nd edition comes with the expansion included, not sure if the european versions comes together with it.

Agreed that the european version looks nicer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.