Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Myers
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The base game is beautiful!! And these are outstanding!! but I'm a little sad the backs of the expansion are not also in red. I want to try a sharpie or something to color them in, or at least outline the X shapes. What do you think? Will it just be a mess? Anyone have any experience in marking tiles of this material?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing but afraid I'd ruin my copy. I thought it would confuse players if some sets weren't red on the back.

I also considered painting in acrylic paint with a brush but that's a lot of work and easy to screw up. Also not sure if it will stick to whatever paint they used.

I would of gladly paid alittle extra for red backs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Ortiz
United States
Clifton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sharpie comes off pretty easily with alcohol. I think I'm gonna pick up one of the large tip ones, jam the tip in the grooves then wipe the surface with a paper towel that has enough alcohol to wipe it away but not drip in the grooves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klure Junior
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
Essssssss Teeeeee EYE!
badge
My Dog Abi
mbmbmbmbmb
chim007azo wrote:
Sharpie comes off pretty easily with alcohol. I think I'm gonna pick up one of the large tip ones, jam the tip in the grooves then wipe the surface with a paper towel that has enough alcohol to wipe it away but not drip in the grooves.

Please post some pics of the end product, I am interested to see how that works out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Rowse
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I posted this in the main game forum - in retrospect it probably should have been here instead...

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/828837/how-to-paint-expansio...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Ortiz
United States
Clifton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The blunt marker got way too much on the tile and removing it with alcohol wiped away too much in the areas I wanted painted. I'm gonna try again with a fine point marker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.