Francis K. Lalumiere
Canada
Brossard
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If the Emperor places a wall on an arrow, can Sinbad still place a cube on that arrow?
And can said cube move "through" the wall to the other region when the plage piece comes marching in?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
weishaupt wrote:
If the Emperor places a wall on an arrow, can Sinbad still place a cube on that arrow?
And can said cube move "through" the wall to the other region when the plage piece comes marching in?

Not sure on this one. The only clarification is on the Courier not being able to reach them.

First point is that Sinbad can't move his pieces onto the arrow if the Wall is there. The coast is shut down and he cant get out. That much I am certain of.

The question for me is what happens when pieces are out that and then a wall gets placed on that arrow. My guess is they are still allowed to move because they have to be on one side of the wall or another. They can't just be trapped there. But there is no mechanism to free them unless you take the Emperor and move the wall off the arrow.

So my guess is that once on the arrow, nothing stops them from moving off the arrow. But if a wall is placed on an arrow, it is not a legal arrow for Sinbad for adding new cubes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis K. Lalumiere
Canada
Brossard
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's good enough for me.

Thanks Brian!

(Do you still play M44 as much as you used to do?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
weishaupt wrote:
(Do you still play M44 as much as you used to do?)

Unfortunately not. But it has been played, most recently an 8-player Overlord a month ago!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Åse and Henrik Berg
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
So my guess is that once on the arrow, nothing stops them from moving off the arrow. But if a wall is placed on an arrow, it is not a legal arrow for Sinbad for adding new cubes.

Yes, we agree on this interpretation. Consider this an official ruling.

Åse and Henrik (the Rattus designers)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ltn Koen
France
flag msg tools
mbmb
Does "nothing stops them from moving off the arrow" means they have to move immediately, or that they can wait until the plague pieces comes to one of the two adjacent regions?

The first option avoids having both cubes and walls on the same arrow, which looks a bit weird on the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.