Queen Carlotta
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
Contre nous de la tyrannie, l’étendard sanglant est levé
mbmbmbmbmb
The card text reads:
Quote:
Take evasive action. Roll for both Crew Command and Engine Speed on next card. For each Fail, remove Crew/Engine resources for each fail as indicated on that card.

Do we treat this action
1) analogue to a combat without retreat option, rolling as many times as needed till we manage to roll higher than the next card value, eliminating resources "for each fail" in the process,
or
2) do we roll just twice (one time for each, crew and engine) risking only two resources, and move on to the next card, no matter if we failed our rolls or not?

If it's 1), it's easy to run out of resources at this stage, leaving us with nothing to remove if we fail again. Have we lost our game at this point, possibly running out of resources of only one type? (The rules say we lose if we run out of two kinds of resources.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
todd sanders
United States
pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
no.2

roll twice, once for crew, once for engine. and move on to the next card yes.

if you were to fail both rolls and had 0 crew and engine resources after that then the game would be over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Queen Carlotta
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
Contre nous de la tyrannie, l’étendard sanglant est levé
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Todd, in my first game I missed that I had to pay the number of resources the square fields on the next card showed, I paid only 1resource per fail - this seemed way to cheap and led me to believe that option 1 was the method to resolve those non-combat actions...

Hope I didn't keep you too long from your latest projects, cheerio!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.